A/N: My Stalker Story (true)

When I was a young girl, about eleven years old, a neighborhood man started following me home from school every day and it really freaked me out. Eventually he stopped and so I shrugged it off. But four months ago, I saw him again and he recognized me. I approached him in the public space. I had just turned fifteen and had a pocket knife in my pocket. I knew I was safe. When I stood in front of the man, he told me he was sorry. I asked him why he was stalking me and the story he told was surprising.

"I saw a man with a knife following you one day," the man said to me. "I was scared and so I followed in between you two. I followed you every day to make sure you would get home safely. I lost my daughter to a murderer a while back and to see any other little girls die would have hurt me so badly. I just wanted to protect you."

When I asked the man why he didn't just call the cops, he went silent, refusing to tell me anymore.

I have since learned that this man was the murderer of his child, and I know not his whereabouts. The only thing I know was that he really was protecting me. I found the man who had actually been the stalker. It's a very strange world we live in. Please be very careful.