It Hurts So Much

Why does it hurt?

I asked myself the question over and over again, repeating it because my speach was limited. To anyone else, it sounded like I was grunting or moaning or screaming or even muttering creepy things. The truth, however, was so much worse.

Why does it hurt so much?

I had no idea why. It just did. For the longest time, as far back as I could remember, I was blissfully enveloped in painless, lonely darkness. Until now. Now I was in my new body. But it hurt so much.

Why does it hurt so much?

I sat there, unable to move, staring in pain out through my new, hollow eyes. Oh thank god they gave me eyes. That way, I could see. And then, by some miracle, he came.

Oh, but it hurt so much.

He walked around the corner with his flashlight and his amazing hair. He walked like a frightened child trying not to get caught. There was nothing to be afraid of.

It was so painful.

As the man with the glasses walked near me, I felt hope peer out past the intense pain. Maybe he could help. Maybe he was there as my angel. I tried to call out and tell him I was here and that I was friendly, but he must have heard something creepy because he ran out of the room and didn't come back for a long time.

Why does it hurt so much?

I sat in pain and waited until he finally came back, saying something about a key. Now was my chance to talk to him. He always seemed so amazing.

Please help me, sir. Please. It hurts so much.

He jumped back, shining the light on my sad form. He made some strange sounds. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes, allowing them to fill me with hope. I waited for a moment in agony.

"God I fucking HATE mannequins," he said. He grabbed a key off the desk. "Now I really need to get out of this stupid old mannequinn factory. Why is this dumb old place even still here?"

Why does it hurt so much?

He turned as he was leaving to look at me as I said this last bit, but he only shuddered and kept going. I never saw him again after he left me alone in the cold with only pain as my company.

Why did that hurt so much?

To be abandoned by the only person I thought would help me. That one beacon of hope had just gone. The only thing I could think was how much I was hurting. My physical form. My mental state. My heart. He left.

Why does it hurt so much?

The end.