(Legolas x Reader) Night Terror

"Did you hear that?" Your breath was cautious and light, almost catching in the wind blowing in from the open balcony window. You hadn't even noticed that you had shot up in the bed, alert.

A mumble came from beside of you. "Hmm?"

You quietly tapped the covers to your left. "Legolas, wake up." Almost quicker than you had yourself, Legolas shot up, his eyes darting around the room before he turned to you.

"What's wrong, (Y/n), my love?" He said, his brow deeply creased.

You placed a finger on your lips to hush him and then the same muffled sound came from the balcony curtains before you, forcing both of you to turn your heads, freezing.

"What it is?" Legolas whispered.

"I don't know." You replied, slowly building up the courage to move as you lifted the corner of your satin bed covers. A soft hand laid on your arm.

"(Y/n) it's okay, I'll go." Legolas breathed.

You turned to him, brow creased also. "Legolas it's fine, my love"

He paused for a second then hearing the noise again, he spoke. "We go, together."

"Together." You said with a shaky voice. Legolas proceeded to remove his own covers, both of you shadowing each other from opposite sides of the bed until you met at the front, staring at the balcony curtains, both reaching the side of the bed posts to grab the elven daggers attached. 

The curtains started to ruffle this time, and you both slowly inched closer, hearing one another's heart beats increase. Turning to Legolas, you nodded and he did the same. 3 steady breaths and you both lunged forward to uncover both curtains, screaming as the figure jumped out and then...

The small, fur covered creature hoped across your bedroom floor, sheltering itself under your bed, its long ears pressed down. A rabbit. 

You and Legolas stared in disbelief, catching your breath. A moment later, the laughter began and you both dropped your blades, the rabbit jumped at the vibration on the ground. 

"Wait no hush, hush." You giggled. "We don't want to frighten the little guy more than we already have."

"Frighten it?" Legolas chuckled. "It's the one doing all the scaring."

Your breath levelling, you smiled at Legolas and then to the rabbit tucked under your bed. "How did you manage to get up here then? Come on little guy, lets get you home."