(Legolas) Pirate: Unexpected Love ~ Part 5 (Final)

Thanks so much if you read this series. Let me know if you did!

It was fun writing :)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
Your eyes shot open and as your body instinctively sprung you forward, you gasped at the bolt of pain that ran up your side.

"(Y/n)," a startled voice said, "do not move, you will hurt yourself."

You lifted your gaze to see a pair of young blue eyes.

"Legolas?"

"I am so glad you are safe." He said, placing a hand on your cheek.

"Legolas-I-I-" you were struggling to speak, the movement of your voice making your throat feel raw.

"Hush please." He said, a sadness in his eyes another hand came to cup your other cheek. "Give your self a moment to recover, (Y/n). You were greatly wounded. I wasn't sure you would make it. You-you saved my Father. He is forever in your debt, (Y/n)."

It all flooded back in now. Thranduil. The orc. The blade against your skin.

You nodded to Legolas, you would give yourself a moment to adjust and find your voice later. He turned picking up a glass of water that you took with a smile and drank. The cool liquid eased your throat and you let out a relieved sigh. "I-I don't like this none talking business. It doesn't suit me."

Legolas let out a small chuckle. "It certainly doesn't."

You smiled, taking another gulp. "How did the battle fare?"

Legolas' eyes suddenly shot away as he frowned.

You placed your hand on the side of his face your eyes wide. "Legolas? What happened?"

He turned to you, his brow creased. "(Y/n) I am so sorry." He let out a shaky breath. "Thorin, Kili, Fili they-they didn't make it. Thorin killed Azog but he was too late."

You felt your heart break. "No." You breathed, your hands clenching your stomach. "No they were good dwarves, they-they were so close to returning home." You almost gasped when you felt a tear trickle down your cheek. You didn't cry. It wasn't you. But your whole body ached with grief and the only relief you found was when Legolas wrapped his arms around you. You both sat there, in the embrace, mourning the family you had made and now lost along the way.

~•~

You had not taken as long as expected to recover. Your body moved again and you only had to deal with the ache of the wound.

You had attended the funeral and had stood there silently, watching as your friends were said goodbye to.

You stayed with the dwarves for a few days and helped them with deciding how Erebor should be ran. But you couldn't stay for long.

"Must you go, lass?" Dwalin asked as you headed towards the gates.

You turned, a sad smile touching your lips. "I must, Dwalin. My home isn't here. It is far beyond and my mission was to help you recover your home. It is done."

He walked up to you and placed his hands on your arms. "I understand, lass. Just know you are always welcome here. You are a good friend, to us all."

You squeezed one of his hands. "Thank you."

You turned to leave, awaiting what would come.

As you exited the Kingdom you saw Legolas walking towards you.

A smile touched your lips.

"(Y/n)," he said "where are you heading?"

"Hopefully back to the shores. My time here has come to an end."

The death of your friends had altered you slightly. There was a sadness that lingered to your usual gritty and adventurous presence. You couldn't seem to shake it. You hadn't felt for a long time.

Legolas frowned. "I have been encouraged by my Father to seek out a man, by the name of Strider. I wanted to ask if you would care to accompany me? A journey together?"

You sighed and closed more of the space between you. "I miss my home, Legolas. I have been on land for far too long."

His face sunk a little but he stepped closer and gave a sad smile. "I understand."

Your eyes shot up to his. "Elves aren't very good at listening are they? Those ears seem pretty pointless."
He looked at you, confused. "Well if you'd have let me finish you may have heard me say that as much as I miss my home, I would miss you a great deal more."

His features suddenly brightened and he completely closed the space between you with a kiss. You were startled but leaned into it, embracing every second.

You both paused to breath, noses touching. He looked at you gently. "You really mean it?"

"I do."