(Kili x Reader) Thief

(Kili's pranks take a step too far)
~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~•~~•~

"(Y/)!" You heard your name yelled from behind. Your vision went straight to Kili, running up to you with disturbingly fast pace.

"Kili." You said with a smile. "Slow down." You laughed lightly at he skidded on his heels on the floors great dwarven halls, finally coming to a stop in front of you. You placed your hands out to steady him as he haulted before he looked at you with a grin. "What's wrong with you?" You chuckled.

Pushing his hand into his back pocket, he pulled it back out to reveal a pendant with a grey sparkling stone.

You gave him a raised brow.

He shook his head and sighed. "I stole it." He came in closer and you felt his breath on your neck. "From Thorin's chambers."

You instantly jerked your head back. "Are you mad?" Your eyes connected fiercely with his. His pranks usually meant buckets of water falling onto Bofur when he opened the dining room doors or filling Dwalin's ale tankard with salt making him spit a waterfall of stinking beer all over Gloin.

The pranks you played on each other were your favourites though: Kili gluing your shoes to your bedroom floor, making you topple over in laughter and hearing him snickering behind the door to you then taking your revenge by sneakily switching all of Kili's weapons with children's wooden toys for all the other Dwarves to laugh at in training.

You'd put up with, and sometimes played apart of, his pranks since you met him in laketown on his journey to the mountain. You were the most skilled healer in the town and you had helped to heal his wound, saving his life, and, of course, catching his eye. Stealing from Thorin, however, seemed like a riskier move on his part.

"In fact," he said, with glistening eyes, "it's one of his most prized posessions. And here I am, with it finally in the palm of my hands." He said proudly before the stone fumbled through his fingers and dropped to the floor. He quickly picked it up again, recovering fast and smiling awkwardly.

"You might want to give that back, Kili. I don't want to know what your uncle will do when he finds out you took it."

~•~

The feast with the dwarves was like usual. Food was somehow flinging its self from every direction and you bashed your tankard on the marble table to the beat of their merry tunes. You'd grown greatly accustomed to their lives and their people. Most of the dwarflings loved you, flocking around you for tales of ancient magicks and fairies that you had learnt from your late Father. The dwarves who you had joined on the company had warmed to you instantly as well. You finally had a new family. And Kili. Well, Kili was just more than you could have dreamed.

A sudden booming voice broke through the gleeful chaos and you felt your attention flung to the head of the table.

"Which one of you thieves has taken my stone." Thorin's eyes were hard as they scanned the room, his voice gruff.

"Stone?" Nori chirped.

"The crystal stone necklace of my Mother. Passed from hers and hers before her, unto me." You could see the harsh clench of his jaw.

Your eyes instantly skitted to Kili who sat beside you. But before you could say anything, you felt your heart sink.

"(Y/n)." Your head jerked to Thorin. "Do you have something to tell me?"

You mouth gaped open and you quickly closed it. "What? I-"

"Don't play games with me."

What? Surely he didn't think...no.

Instinctively you eyed Kili, but he was just looking solemnly at Thorin.

"Turn out your pockets." It wasn't a request.

You gulped. You knew it wasn't there but you also knew that he'd find out Kili had taken it. But what could you do?

Turning out the pockets in your woollen jacket you were certain you felt your soul leave your body when your hands opened to reveal the shining stone necklace. You dragged your eyes up to Thorin, trying to find the words to explain, if there possibly were any. You found yourself looking back at Kili for help but he was still not looking at you.

"So it was you." Thorin said. The other dwarves were looking at you with confused, bewildermnet and you heard the shuffle of a chair beside you but you were to fixed on Thorin to look around.

"No, Thorin, I would never. I-"

He interrupted. "Well, then, put it on."

If you didn't seem confused enough, your face certainly showed it then. "I'm sorry?"

"It belongs to you now after all. If you will accept?" His gaze shifted to something beside you and your breath caught when you turned and saw Kili, gazing up at you softly, on one knee, a ring held out to you between the tips of his fingers.

Your gaze flittered between Kili and Thorin, an accomplished grin on Thorin's face.

"(Y/n)." Kili's voice said softly. You looked back at him.

"Kili, what's going on?"

"I think you know." He chuckled. "I thought I'd break dwarven proposal tradition and try something a bit more, us." He smiled anxiously. "I figured scaring the living daylights out of you was the perfect way but after seeing your face, I have a feeling I may have destroyed all of the romance in the moment." He took a shaky breath. "Thorin has passed down the necklace to me and I was hoping to give it to you." His eyes didn't leave yours. "I guess what I'm very badly trying to say, is, will you marry me?"

You were in disbelief. Your heart was not slowing down.

One minute you were fearing for your head and the next you were shamelessly flattered. And god did you love it.

"Yes." You almost didn't hear yourself. "Yes! Of course, yes!"

Kili's eyes lit up and he rose up to embrace you, the cheer of the other dwarves behind. Thorin standing proudly. Kili delicately placed the ring on your finger and then lifted your hair gently from your neck to tie the necklace.

"I'm guessing I have you to thank for this." You said to Thorin with a smirk.

"Sorry about that." He said with a chuckle.

You laughed back. "It's okay. It looks like I'm going to have a lifetime to make you both pay for it."

You saw Kili gulp and Thorin just gave another low chuckle.

Shaking your head with a laugh, you kissed Kili, the cheering blurring into the distance.