(Legolas x Reader) Protect and Cherish ~ Part 2

"(Y/n) please!" You heard the hurried footsteps behind you as your feet frantically dragged you through into you're bedroom. Your brain was in a world of its own, instinctively hurrying to the white case under your bed and throwing it open on top of the covers so quickly that you felt the air rush from the blow. "Please he is being foolish I will speak with him." Legolas was at the other side of the bed now watching you grab a random handful of clothes and stuff them into your bag. "(Y/n)." His voice was softer, more desperate.

You paused, looking up. "Legolas I have grown up with you and with that man and his laws ruling over me my entire life. I have seen him do such far worse to people who he feels have betrayed him."

"But (y/n), you have done nothing wrong." Legolas eyes were starting to glisten and you felt your heart clench.

"Not in his eyes. He knows me enough, knows that I would never fight against him, or you, and yet it seems I have stabbed his pride in the back." You sighed, reaching down to adjust the ruffled corners of the pants you had thrown into the case, softening them out. "Even as captain he doesn't trust my judgement. I can't work like that, Legolas."

Before you could look up again you felt a soft hand on top of your own, stopping your movement. Legolas leant over the bed his eyes pleading with yours. "But it's not right. I trust you." You gulped. "I trust your judgement and everything else about you." Without thinking you placed your hand on top of his. "Let me talk with him, (y/n)."

You felt your eyes droop as you shook your head. "Im leaving, Legolas. I think this just shows me it's time to go." You took a steady breath. "Mirkwood is not what is once was. Our home, it's beauty and safety is faltering. The forest where we once played as children is more riddled with bedtime monsters than I have ever known. And I can't protect here, not only this Kingdom but those who wish to enter it from lands beyond."

Legolas' voice wobbled slightly. "Where will you go?" Something inside you lit up knowing that he wasn't going to stop you, wasn't going to make you stay.

"I don't know. Rivendell perhaps. I haven't seen Arwen in many years." The images of her playing with you as a young elfling flashed before your mind, Legolas sneaking up behind you to scare you and then a choir of laughters filling the Mirkwood halls as all three of you collapsed to the ground, giggling in harmony.

You felt the warmth of his hand leave you and looked up to see him straightening before the bed. "I will go with you."

The shock on your face was something you couldn't conceal. "No Legolas, don't be foolish. Your duty is here."

"(Y/n) until I am king this is the only time I have to explore the world beyond. Who knows, maybe we will find an adventure along the way. I've heard Gandalf is searching for a hobbit."

"A hobbit?"

Legolas shrugged. "It's only what I've heard, I haven't seen him for many years."

You hummed a small smile playing at your lips. And then you straightened too. "Legolas are you sure about this? I don't want you leaving all you have behind for me."

He came up beside you, before you knew it his arms wrapped around you from behind and you leaned in. "Adventure awaits for us both. And I can't leave you to have all the fun now can I ?" You chuckled slightly. "(Y/n) you know you have a calling to protect, I've seen it in you since we were young. I will be beside you every step of the way, through good and evil." You turned in his arms, facing him. "You have a gift well beyond these walls and I've hated to admit it, to believe that one day it may take you further. So if you go, I go too. Everytime."

It took a moment for his words to sink in but then you smiled and placed your head in his chest. "An adventure awaits."