(Kili x Reader) I Would Die For You

"Let go!" You laughed through gasping breaths, trying your best to release yourself from your pursuer's grip.

"Not until you give me what I came for." A soft voice giggled into your hair, it's arm wrapped around your waist.

"And what would that be?"

"A promise." It spoke. You tilted your head back to see Kili looking down at you, gazing at you gently.

"What kind of a promise?" You asked.

"A promise that you'll stay safe on this journey." A sudden somber note struck his eyes as he looked away and he sighed, holding you tighter as you leant into his chest. "I don't know what we will face out there," he continued, "but-"

"I can't lose you." You finished. His eyes shot to yours again and you turned around to face him, still cradled in his arms.

"And I you, my love." He spoke.

You rested your head into his chest and smiled. "Kili?"

"Yes (y/n)." He said, stroking your hair.

"I would die for you." And you felt his body tense before he pulled you back, his arms gently pressed on your shoulders. "I would give everything I have, here and now, to keep you safe, as you wish for me. I hope you know that. Everything I have is worthless without you." You said.

He took a moment to pause, scanning your eyes.

"(Y/n)?" He responded.

"Yes, Kili." You replied.

"As long as we are together," he said, squeezing you tight, "here in this moment, my life is full, and I would die a happy man, knowing that we have had the time that we have."

You smiled, leaning in for a gentle kiss. There was danger and peril to come, but for now, nothing could harm you in one another's arms.