(Legolas x Reader) What The Hell Is Your Problem!?

(Imagine Legolas is pissing you off and you have to do a hunt together)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~~••~•~•~••~
"Could you move?" You whispered to the stubborn elf beside you. He narrowed his eyes and grunted before shifting his head out of your view. Rolling your eyes, you aimed your bow at the bandit across the forest.

"Don't miss." He replied.

You took in a deep breath trying not to grit your teeth. "I'll have a better chance if you don't distract me, Legolas."

When he didn't respond, you let your arrow fly. It gracefully swerved through the air, kissing the wind before meeting the cry of the bandit.

"Yes." You breathed in triumph.

"Next time draw your bow back a bit more to get a stronger aim. It will make sure your target doesn't make as much noise." The annoying little whine in your ear returned and you pushed Legolas' voice away.

"Come on, let's get the rest." You mumbled, turning further into the forest.

You scouted around the edge. The bandit you had just shot had strayed from the group, now, it was time to take out the rest.

You pushed your way through endless branches and shrubbery that tried to tug you back by piercing the sides of your Elven cloaks.

Legolas stayed behind, he was as light on his feet as you were. He knew how to be discreet. Unfortunately, lately he didn't know how to shut up.

You'd always been good friends but had often rivalled on a hunt. But now you were making your way up in the ranks.

Your promotion to captain of the guard was so close. So very close. All you needed to do was keep proving yourself. You were one of the best archers in Mirkwood, and your eye for positioning an ambush proved you to be a calculated and effective leader.

But you didn't have time to stay with the people you had grown up with or socialise with friends. You had to focus. The world wouldn't just hand you what you wanted, you had to work for it.

"Over there." You whispered. "We head straight in, no taking them off one by one or they'll flee."

"Fine." Legolas said bluntly.

You clenched your jaw but didn't push him any further. You both simply pissed each other off at the moment. You had done for the past few months and although you could both still laugh and joke, there was something fragile in your conversations. You easily grew agitated with each other. It didn't help that Legolas was being an idiot.

"On my signal." You said.

Legolas quickly nodded.

You narrowed your eyes, waiting. Your hand rose and both you and Legolas leaped out into the opening of the forest.

Arrows flew towards the bandits as you neared but as soon as they recovered from their shock, the sharp metals tips came your way.

The arrows didn't play out for long though. "Get close." The leader sounded. "Don't let them use their bows."

Clever. You thought. Don't let the elves use their best skills against you.

Releasing both daggers from the belts attached to your waist, you sliced your way through two bandits. While another stood in front of you, sword raised, you lifted your dagger to his neck, the aim was clear. Before you could, something nudged you to the side and you saw Legolas plunge an arrow into the bandits side as you regained your balance.

Your brows creased. "What the hell is your problem!?" You yelled to Legolas as he spun to attack another bandit and you did the same.

"Sorry for saving your life!" He retorted, his blade leaving the bandits side.

You kicked the hooded figure off if your own. "You know that was so unnecessary." You growled. Your backs suddenly hit one another as you fought the circle around you. "I am perfectly capable on my own you idiot."

"I know." It was barely a whisper.

You both turned at the same time as the battle around you raged on. His dagger came over your shoulder and you heard a scream from behind you and you both swapped sides and you attacked in the same position as he just had. Another bandit down.

"Then what is your issue Legolas!?" Your eyes burned into his and for some reason you couldn't pull away. Before you knew it, your lips closed together. All sounds of roaring bandits vanished.

You both pulled back, your eyes wide. Legolas grabbed your waist and spun you around before turning to attack a bandit that had just been behind you. Your sense kicked back in and you drew out your bow to finish off the final one that ran towards you with a battle cry. He was instantly silenced.

The battle field behind you was quiet and only laid the bodies of the hooded bandits.

You stayed gazing at Legolas as he turned back to you, his breath heavy. "Talk to me." You said, feeling defeated despite your victory.

"I'm sorry." He replied. "I just hated the idea of losing our friendship, or whatever else we could have had. But it wasn't fair of me to keep you behind. That would have been selfish."

Your brows creased. It took you a second to process his words. "My promotion." You whispered. "You worried that I would forget about you because of my duties."

He looked away, ashamed. "Yes. I'd hardly seen you for the past few months and you never had time for me. Which of course I don't expect. This is important to you and if anyone deserves or is as worthy for this position in Mirkwood, it is you-"

"Legolas I'm sorry too, you know. This means a lot to me but I didn't ever mean to cast you aside." You sighed. You came forward and held his hands. "I don't want that. And I hold nothing against you for being so distant and, annoying, these past months." He held a hand to his neck and chuckled slightly. You gazed into his eyes. "Can we start again?"

"Of course." He smiled.

~~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•••
Just a short-ish one
I haven't written in what feels like 20 years lol
Thanks for reading!