(Thranduil x Reader) Anger and Rage

(You are Thranduil's wife and Queen but had disobeyed his orders and now you both argue it out, revealing more than you intended).

•••~•••~•••~•••~~~•••~•••~•••~•••~~~•••~•••

"How DARE you!" His eyes bore into yours and you could feel your heart race. The blank composer that often lay on your husband's face was twisting into a rage you had never expected to see.

"Thranduil." You breathed, staying level with his eyes, refusing to look away. You had dealt with his bad temper before but nothing like this.

"No, I am speaking!" He snapped.

You quickly glanced around noting that some servants were scurrying past trying to not get in the way. You cringed at the scene you were both making. Picking the great hall for his outburst was not something you would thank him for later. But right now, he didn't seem to care.

"You had no right to enter that forest, (y/n). Especially against my orders!"

"I am a soldier, Thranduil, it is my duty." You glared into him. Your days in helping in the guard in Rivendale had let you form a tough skin. Thranduil knew that when he had asked you to be his queen and you'd be damned if you were going to shrivel away from him now.

"You are the Queen." He sneered. "You do not fight with the guard on regular duty any more, you knew that when you married me. I don't, and neither do you. You are irresponsible to simply go and put yourself in danger, and ignore your duties, just so you can have some fun. We have a duty to protect this kingdom (y/n) through higher diplomacy, and yes if it comes to it, battle. But only then - only then do we risk our lives in the fight, not with some petty spiders."

"Are you quite finished?" You asked sharply.

He said nothing but his burning gaze lingered.

"Good." You knew the entire kingdom would have heard the low roar of the King's voice but it was nothing compared to the sound of your anger, but now wasn't the time for competition. You pulled on the sleeve of his robe, dragging him to the other end of the room, away from prying eyes. You could feel his reluctance but you didn't care. "Now tell me, how did we meet?"

He looked at you questioningly but you could still see the fire burning in his eyes. His face contorted as he went to yell again and you lifted your hand to silence him. "I said, how did we meet?"

"I met you at the end of the last War. Lord Elrond's niece who had fought in the battle." He said through gritted teeth, you almost thought his jaw would break. "But I don't see how this has anything to -"

"Exactly." You interrupted, seeing him tense. "I fought, Thranduil, and so did you. To protect our people. And if you paused for a moment to ask why I was in the forest then I would so greatly appreciate you a lot more than I do right now." You heard the grit in your own voice and he did too, seeing him hesitate.

"Well, why don't you enlighten me?" He said, accusingly.

You took in a deep breath, calming yourself before you began. "I didn't go off to join guard duty like I use to, you idiot. I loved helping out when I could but, as we so greatly discussed, the day I chose to be Queen of Mirkwood I knew my duties lied elsewhere and focused more on overseeing such things and tirelessly working in the background to support our people, danger or not." He stared at you, still daggers.

"Today I was out looking in the gardens," you continued, your chest starting to heave, "searching for something by the fountains when I heard yelling and screaming from afar. It was the screams of our people Thranduil. The guard had gotten caught up with spiders that you refuse to deal with. I went to help them. Seven of our ellons and elleths were already overcome by the mass of creatures that had attacked and so I helped the final few. So no, Thranduil, I did not decide to go and join some random guard duty for the fun of it in order to keep my self entertained. I went to protect our people. To help them. And we managed to get out alive. Would you have preferred I left them?!" You couldn't see it but you knew your face was bright red as you had heard your voice gradually rise.

He stared at you, the anger fading from his eyes and you'd be an orc's arse if you didn't see the guilt that presided there now. "Oh and in case you were wondering" you continued , your voice quieter, "what I was looking for in the gardens was a bundle of green leafs to decorate what is going to be our new child's cot. Yes! I am with child, but of course, I am too irresponsible to be a mother so maybe I shouldn't bother trying so hard." You huffed and turned on your heels.

I'm not sure I planned on telling him that way...