(Legolas/Thranduil x Reader) We've Been Wreckless

(Imagine finding out that you may be pregnant with Legolas' child, only for Thranduil to discover the truth, his dislike for you growing)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~•~~
Thank you kittylover0820
for the recommended one-shot!
I wasn't really sure where to go with this but I hope it's okay!
I've moved some Hobbit and LOTR events around so the timeline is kind of up to you!
First one shot of 2022🤍
~~•~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

"Legolas. Legolas wake up." Your voice was urgent and it took another few shakes of his shoulders to make his eyes open. His gaze was alert and his jaw clenched as he shot up, a questioning frown on his brow.

"(Y/n)? What is wrong?" His hands cupped your face instantly and you tried to remain calm but your eyes betrayed you. You readied yourself to speak before Legolas noticed the yellow stain on your pale night gown. "You've been sick? Melanin are you unwell?" His eyes scanned yours.

"Yes. I-I mean no. I'm fine. But." You realised that your frantic words were not helping Legolas' worried expression or your own pounding heart. Since the moment you had felt uneasy and stirred from your bed beside Legolas you had not been able to stop your heavy breathing.

Placing a hand on one of his around your face you took a long deep breath, calming yourself. "I think I am pregnant, Legolas."

His eyes widened and he finally understood your panic.

He did not let go of your face, nor did his eyes leave your own. "Are you sure?" He breathed.

"Not completely." Your voice wavered. "But the signs are there. I've felt unwell in the mornings with rushes of quinines and my cycle is late. What are we going to do, Legolas? If your Father finds out-"

He enveloped you quickly before tears could even begin to well. "We will do this together. Do not worry, (Y/n)." You took another sturdy breath. There was no point in crying. Your only option was to stay calm and to deal with the matter in the morning.

~•~

The breakfast table was as elegantly decorated as ever. You adored the abundance of rich herbed pastries and fruited loaves that would grace the dining hall each morning.

But as you sat there, your gaze flickering over the food, your stomach began to turn.

"And what do you intend to do with your day, (Y/n)?" A cold voice snapped you out of your trance and you looked up to see Thranduil taking a sip from his goblet, looking at you over the rim.

"I have not yet decided." You replied, your voice as dry as his.

Ever since you and Legolas had began courting, Thranduil had not taken a liking to you. Your mixed Elven and Human blood did not help your cause.

But it was not only that which made him dislike you as his son's partner. You and Legolas had met in Rivendell many years back where you had stayed with Lord Elrond. But you had left when the need for adventure over took your bones and heart.

Legolas had reunited with you on a certain quest to stop a dragon. And then you had been long separated until he found you on his search for Aragorn, discovering your were close friends within your time at Rivendell.

You were tired of being separated from him. And now that your lust for adventure had been moderately satisfied, your heart was delighted when he offered you to stay in Mirkwood.

However, Thranduil was not so keen of your morals. And you were not so keen of his lack of.

The spiders had been your first point of conflict. You had voiced your concerns and had then disobeyed orders when you had gone to hunt those attacking a near by village. Your constant, and although hidden, dislike for his shallow orders from then on had put you both on edge. Being with his son had only angered him further.