(Thranduil x Reader) A Feast of Betrayal

(Imagine you are Thranduil's wife, preparing for the Feast of Starlight, only for danger to infiltrate the night and risk the life of the one he loves)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"And what are you plans for the day, (Y/n)?" Thranduil asked making you look up from the book you were reading from your bed.

You narrowed your eyes and gave a smirk. "You know perfectly well what I am doing today, Thranduil."

He mirrored a smile, striding past your bed his hands behind his back. "Yes, but your absolute love for decorating for the Feast of Starlight just radiates so much that it gave me the passion to ask you again." His exaggerated manner only made you roll your eyes.

"If you mention it again I won't hesitate to strangle you with me bare hands." You replied, turning your attention back to your book and ignoring his laugh. "I'd rather do anything than decorate." You sighed.

You felt the mattress rise and looked up to see Thranduil gazing down at you, your head propped up by the bed frame. "I would help you if I could but-"

"You have important meetings to attend to, my love." You finished. "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll survive."

"You might, but I'm not so sure the servants will when you start throwing dinner plates around in anger." Thranduil chuckled.

"They never look how I want them to!" You giggled back. "And besides, the maids are a great help. I adore their assistance really. I just wish they could manage it on their own." You closed your book and shuffled up through the covers. "Well, duty calls."

You tried to tug the blanket back and gave Thranduil a knowing look when they wouldn't move under his weight. He playfully rolled his eyes and rose but not before placing a kiss on your head. You blushed.

"I'd still rather be on patrol." You mumbled, making your way towards the door.

~•~

Your eyes flittered around the great hall, inspecting every crystal globe hung from the walls, every foliage train that wrapped around the chairs and tables, every candle holder that stood proud by the pillars that held the woodland hall in place. The ceiling it's self was decorated in such beautiful ocean gems that it looked like starlight itself.

The maids made their final adjustments and the servants began laying the tables with cutlery and glasses.

Perfect. You thought, a smile touching your lips.

To be honest, you found the whole ordeal plain boring. You hated decorating. You loved the outcome, despised the process.

"Oh maybe place another chair to that table," you said to a maid who nodded and went to adjust the arrangement, "I think we should probably seat all of the Galadriel's kin together." The maid placed another chair and the servant beside her adjusted the cutlery. "Thank you."

Now it's perfect.

~•~

Endless streams of Elven silk and ribbon trailed the great hall as guests made their way in, marvelling at the beauty of the palace. You couldn't help but smirk and you turned your head when you felt a familiar presence beside you.

"It looks beautiful, (Y/n)." Thranduil breathed, gazing around the ancient room that was brought back to life with light and reflection.