(Thranduil x Reader) We Must Fight

Imagine you and Thranduil fight the orcs together
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~~•~•

"Behind you (Y/n)!" Thranduil's voice urged you to swing to your left, the force of the sword spinning you around to let sharp
metal kiss the orc behind. It squealed and fell to the ground.

Turning back to impale another, your eyes kept catching Thranduil's. The orcs had invaded in the early hours of the morning and you could feel the pain of failure and fear in that icy blue gaze.

Something caught your vision and your heart dropped. "Thranduil!" Charging forwards you used all of your force to push the orc charging at the elf with your shoulder, the hard exterior of your armour helping to numb the pain from the clash. The orc trampled backwards and then, seeing you, he swung his blade. You dodged, letting the rough wind pull you back. Your breathing was heavy.

A sudden thud made your vision blur. You could just about make out the orc pulling away the blunt end of his sword from your head. The world span a little more than you would have liked.

Before you could fully ground yourself, you felt an arm yank you back. "(Y/n). Are you alright?" Through clouded vision you saw Thranduil scan your features, his face concerned. You could hear the roars of battle dying. Your heart felt a little lighter. The elves must be pushing them back, at least you hoped.

"Im fine." You breathed. His arms grabbed yours and pulled you to the side, his sword impaling another orc behind you. You felt your legs weaken a little.

"We must move." Thranduil's voice said. A calm urgency.

"No Thranduil." You squinted. "We must fight."

Thranduil lifted your head to meet his eyes. "(Y/n), you cannot stand. You are better off away from all of this." Before you could protest, the battle cries died down so quickly that you almost didn't realise you were fading into complete darkness.

~•~

You felt a tingle in your finger tips at first, then your heavy eyes began to open and then you felt the bulldozer of a throb in your head.

"(Y/n)." His voice was soft and patient as he helped you to rest your back again the bed frame. The infirmary was in clear view now. "Be careful."

"Did we win?" You breathed.

Thranduil's brows creased at the suddenness of the question and then he smiled. "Yes."

"Perfect." You hummed, your lips smiling back. The smile quickly vanished and you found yourself frowning at the elf before you. "Are you alright? Were you hurt."

Thranduil's look of astonishment simmered down to another smile. "Me? I am fine, my love. It is you who has faced a greater battle today." He chuckled softly.

"Getting bludgeoned in the back of the head doesn't seem too heroic." You chuckled back, your hand reaching for the top of your head where the throbbing continued.

Thranduil's smile shifted. "You need more rest."

"I don't think I can disagree." You said with a sigh.

Thranduil moved towards you and planted a kiss on your forehead. "Sleep, and we shall talk when you are well."

"That sounds perfect." You smiled before letting your eyes close as you drifted into sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Just a short one Caus I've not posted in a while sorry it's not great ah