(Thranduil x Reader) Secret Garden

Really short, just for the cutesy vibes

I don't normally like doing cutesy but sometimes you gotta force it lollll

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Your majesty!" You said suddenly, bowing your head, leaning your body to the point you could nearly collapse.

The tall, blonde haired King raised a brow, smirking slightly. "Will you ever drop the facade when we are alone?"

You looked up at him, a smirk touching your own lips. "Oh, but, great one, you are my King."

"I am also getting tired of your sense of humour."

You chuckled. Running up to him from the door way to the gardens, enveloping your arms around him. He held you tight.

You had to remind yourself that no one could see you here. Thranduil had found this section of the gardens behind the great palace. He had been coming here since he was a child and now he invited you to enter.

It was beautiful.

The green leaves on the trees surrounded you and brushed up against vines that sheltered the entrance to your secret meeting place.

It was yours and Thranduil's, alone.

"You do know," you said, "we don't have to keep this hidden, our families would be happy to know we are courting."

"I know," he sighed, looking down at you contently, "but as soon as we tell the Kingdom, expectations will arise. I just want us to do this how we want to. At our own pace, in our own time."

You looked up at him then stepped back, "And that, is why I love you." You smiled softly, placing a hand on his cheek as he leant his head into it.

"One day, we will marry." He said. "But all that marriage is, is a title. One that I do not need to know that all I need for the rest of my life is you."

"Ugh!" You yelped, "so soppy!"

He laughed, pulling you back into his arms. "You'll have to deal with it."

You smiled. "Don't worry, I will."