Preference: How They Would Find Out You're Pregnant

(Imagine how you would tell each of them or how they would find out that you are pregnant)

Legolas: He would question himself as to why you did not choose to join him on his hunt that morning but pushed any suspicion aside to you being tired or simply too busy. However, you wanted to visit the healer to ensure that you were, indeed, with child. You had suspected it since you had started to feel sick in the morning and your period was late. As half elf, half human, you worried how the elves would react to you pregnancy due to you potentially being more vulnerable to illness. But you were so damn happy. When Legolas returned from his hunt, he came to the chambers you shared to find the main room empty. And then a sudden groan alerted him and he rushed to the lavatory where he found you throwing up into the toilet below you. "(Y/N)! What is wrong, are you unwell?" His hand scooped your hair backwards as you continued to vomit, not able to respond. Once you finally stopped you turned to him, his eyes burdened with worry. "I will call for the healer." He said, about to rise. "No, Legolas." You reply, standing up next to him, catching the last of your breath. "She won't be able to help me. This isn't exactly something one can cure, rather, something one must wait to arrive." He stared at you, bewildered then something hit his eyes but he didn't say anything, unsure. A small smile would touch your lips: "I did not really plan on telling you this way, my love I-" "Am with child?" He finished. A large grin grasped your mouth: "Yes, Legolas. We are to have a child." His joy would be unimaginable as he would lift you into his arms and hold you laughing with joy and kissing you softly.

Thorin: You hadn't told him yet. You knew you were pregnant for two days now but Thorin was so tired, so drained from his new role as King. Every time you thought you would be ready to tell him, you would see him trying to keep his eyes open as he resisted sleep and smiled at you lovingly to continue talking to him. You would simply say it could wait for another day. But it was at the Dwarven feast that he noticed you acting differently. You would never turn down wine, especially strong elven wine. He eyed you but you ignored him. A rush of uneasiness hit you and you excused yourself. You had not noticed him follow behind when you stopped in the hallway to keep your balance. His arms grasped yours and you felt relieved to be held up. "(Y/n)?" Yo turned to him and couldn't hold back the tear from your eyes. "Thorin I am pregnant." He paused, stilling. You couldn't keep it back from him you were getting tired of trying to cope with this news alone. "Pregnant? We are to have a child? Do you really mean it?" He asked, his mouth agape as he wiped the tear from your cheek. "Yes. I found out two moons ago." "Why did you not tell me sooner?" "You were so tired and busy, I did not want to worry you, my love." His hand cupped your cheek and he brought you to his chest. "I am so sorry my love, I did not mean to push you aside to the point where you could not share such joyous news with me." "You are happy?" You asked. He lifted your head to meet his gaze. "I am the happiest man alive, my love."

Thranduil: "(Y/n)? You called for me?" Thranduil walked into the library, a little anxious. It was rare his queen called for him. Usually, she would wait to meet him in his office in the evening or would simply find him. Suddenly you appeared from around the book shelf. "Oh Thranduil, my stars, you are here." A large smile graced your lips. "Is everything alright?" He asked, not quite sure what was going on. "Yes," you would say, "I have something for you." A smile replaced his worry at your playful tone. "And...what might that be?" As he was about to pull you into his embrace, you leaped back and spun to the shelf then back around to Thranduil, holding out a book. "A book? Do you wish to read to me like an elfling?" He joked. You chuckled back. "Funny you should mention that...look inside." And so he did, his eyes wide when he saw a green leaf on the page. However, this was no ordinary green leaf. It was the one from the day you had agreed to marry him. It had fallen from the tree and into your hair the moment you had said yes. He had kept it and given it to you, preserved by elven magic, saying you could pass it on to your child together to continue your love through the next generation. He did not say anything, he simply embraced you suddenly, nuzzling his face into your hair. You could hear his heart racing. "I have never been so happy, my stars!" You chuckled into his chest. "Our little leaf." You breathed. He moved back and placed a kiss on your lips. "I love you, melanin." "And I you, so very much."

Aragon: You were surprised when you found a small wooden carving of a horse underneath your bed in a small box. It was carved by Aragon, you could tell his hand work anywhere. Normally you wouldn't pry but you thought it was beautiful and couldn't resist asking. When he came back to your chambers that night you smiled at him, asking him who the toy was for, assuming it was for one of the children of the kingdom. He suddenly blushed and looked away. "Aragon, what is the matter?" You asked, eyebrow raised. "It is for our child, (Y/n)." You paused. You had suspected yourself you could be with child and had found out you were right but wanted to wait to tell him. "H-how did you-" He stepped forward smiling. "Your cycle was late, it never is. I only assumed from there. I'm still unsure if I was right." You couldn't help but smile. "You keep track?" "Of course." Suddenly you ran to him, embracing him. "You are right. We are with child." He squeezed you tight and you looked up to see his eyes well. "You will be a wonderful mother." "And you a wonderful father." You held each other til dawn.

~~•~~•~~

I didn't do as many on this one but if you'd like other characters I'm happy to do a part 2 just let me know 🤍