(Legolas) Pirate: Unexpected Love ~ Part 4

Still twisting up the Hobbit movie's plot lines for the fun :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You found your feet dragging you to the Elven King, his gaze scanning you as he came down from his elk and tried to remember your encounter.

"Ah, yes. (Y/n). Not many escaped prisoners have the bravery to hand themselves back over." Thranduil said.

You refrained from rolling your eyes. "I wouldn't dare make it so easy for you, your majesty."

He seemed uninterested. But then a spark glistened in his eyes, a curious one.

"I doubt you've taken the time to reconsider my proposal?" He asked.

You shook your head. "I know where my loyalties lie. I am not swayed so easily."

The King paused to think for a moment then seemed as if he decided to disregard his thoughts.

You shuffled uncomfortably for a second, questioning your own surroundings. "Why do you come dressed, prepared for war? Surely you know the implications your arrival has."

"I have only offered my assistance, have I not?"

You glanced around, seeing the elves hand out fresh vegetables to the villagers, their eyes brightening as blankets were passed to them.

"I do not condemn it." You said calmly. "It is your ulterior motives that I question, Thranduil."

The King narrowed his eyes. "Think of it what you will, Pirate. I have come to aid your people. If the Dwarf Prince causes me to react alternatively then so be it."

You glared at him, some of the elves giving bewildered glances as they questioned what you were conversing about with their King.

The king's voice spoke, breaking the silence.
"And what news have you of my son's whereabouts?"

Your heart jumped a little, gazing at him questioningly. "What would I know of the Prince?"

A smirk touched Thranduil's lips. "Don't think that the goings and comings of my guards is not reported to me."

It took a moment before it sank in. It appears everyone seems to know of our conversation in the cell. "I fail to see how our conversation brings you to the conclusion that I would be tracking your son."

"It is not only the conversation but the words he spoke to me of your wisdom in the matter of mine and the dwarf's rivalry once alone." His gaze did not falter. "I would advise you to keep said words to yourself. They seem to have enlightened my son's interest, I doubt he would leave you without wanting to know more. And I know how easily emotions can escalate and become misinterpreted."

You almost wanted to smack him.

A sick look of anger covered your face. "Don't begin to assume what you believe true, Thranduil. I swear on the stars that I fear it may be your downfall."

His face ticked a moment and he sighed. "Make sure you pick the right side, Pirate." He said, turning away, leaving you alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The war raged on below and Thorin's sickness only lingered. You could feel the tension amongst the dwarves, their faces pale and worried, looking out below.

You glanced past the wall one last time before you were to turn to the throne room. And as you did, you caught a pair of ice blue eyes gazing up at you for a moment before continuing to slay the orcs. Thranduil.