(Kili x Reader) Fairies

Another cute christmassy one with the feels because it's the best time of year for it!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~~•••~~~~~~••~~~•~•~~•
(Imagine showing Kili a winter wonderland in the beauty of Middle Earth)
~~•~~•~~••~~•~~•~~~~~•~~~•••~~~••~~~•
"Kili. Kili." You whispered. "Wake up."

The young dwarf stirred and then his eyes fluttered open, when he saw you, he smiled. That was before his eyes widened and he shot up suddenly to cup your cheeks, his eyes scanning around you. "(Y/n) what is the matter? Are we under attack?"

You looked at him confused for a second and then smiled, amusement crossing your face. "No, Kili. Everything is fine." His features relaxed. You scanned around, checking that the other dwarves and hobbit were still sleeping. "Come. I have something to show you." You placed out your hand and Kili's face mimicked the same amusement. He loved your random bursts of adventure, they reminded him of the joys of being a child.

You didn't have to walk far before you found an opening of trees, marked by an arch way of entangled branches.

You looking back to him, your hand still in his. You noted he held it a little tighter when a slight chill gripped the night air. "This way." You said in a hush.

Stepping through the arch way, you couldn't resist turning back to see Kili's eyes widen in awe at the sight before him. You resisted a chuckle.

Endless small balls of glowing light fluttered around the forest opening, gleaming brightly beneath a subtle fog that wisped by the trees. As they span higher into the air, a flurry of snow escaped their small wings and gracefully began to fall to the ground. Once their wings ceased their glistening turns, the snow spread gracefully on its own.

"We have to be quiet." You whispered. Kili, still entranced by the sight as you saw the reflection of beautiful light in his eyes while he nodded in reply.
Chuckling ever so slightly, you drew him further around the outer edge of the display where you both crouched behind a small bush.

"What are they doing?" He breathed.

"They're elemental faeries. Also known as Sypherings." You cast your gaze back to Kili, realising that he was gazing back at you with a kind glint in his eyes. "They're magic changes the seasons. This part of Middle Earth, they are preparing for winter." You watched as they span and danced around the night air, more white starlight falling from their wings.

"They're beautiful." Kili replied. You looked back at him, a large grin on your face.

Their dance continued for another few minutes as more flourishes of pale snow covered the air. Gradually, the small lights began to dim and fade into the fog. The snow continued to fall, blanketing the ground.

When the last light faded, you and Kili walked into the the falling snow, the blanketed trees surrounding you. Before you knew it, his hands had wrapped around your waist and you let your noses touch.

"It's moments like these that remind me how beautiful this world is." You breathed.

You kept your eyes closed, enjoying his embrace. "It's moments like these that remind me how much I love you." He whispered.

Your heart stopped for a moment and you opened your eyes to look up at him, his shoulders beginning to blanket in white snow.

You both had not said those words yet. And you could see the worried gaze in his eyes when he opened them back up to look at you staring back at him.

He was about to speak until a wide smile gripped your face and you placed your finger over his lips to shush him. "I love you too, Kili."

Before you knew it, he had hauled you to your feet, spinning you around beneath the endless breeze of fluttering snowflakes. Your giggle filled the air and despite beginning to feel a slight chill, you felt warm and safe in his hold.