(Legolas x Reader) Pirate: Unexpected Love ~ Part 1

(You have joined The Company to repay a favour to Gandalf, little did you expect to find a certain young elf Prince when locked in the cells of Mirkwood. But a Pirate can only fight the battles of land for so long)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"I must admit, you are the first one of your kind I have had dealings with." Thranduil said, a cold stare reaching you from his throne. "I'm not so sure I'd do it again, but I'm willing to see where this takes us."

You inclined your head, not moving your gaze from the Elven king. "I'm glad we feel the same way."

The King smirked slightly. "And for one so young. So tell me, what brings one of Pirate origin on such a journey with Dwarves."

You stood straight. You weren't intimidated by
the King, only curious. In all honesty you'd faced much worse in the open water, you'd started becoming numb to the threats that resided on land.

"As you may have guessed," you said, "I owed a certain Gandalf the Grey, a favour."

Thranduil eyebrows rose. "You? A favour to a wizard? How so?"

"Let's just say he got me out of a little debt. Joining the Company was my payment. I stuck by it, and intend to until I have completed whatever Gandalf has set out to do."

"Loyal I see." The kind replied dryly.

You took a step forward. You heard the guards tense in their armour slightly but the king waved a hand causing them to relax. "I may be a thief of the sea but if I owe someone, I pay."

You didn't actually mind the Dwarven company, or that of the kind hearted hobbit, Bilbo. Dwarves we're spontaneous and often up for a good song, and you'd take a shanty any day, and the Hobbit was humble and reminded you of why you started being a pirate to begin with, to take back from those who stole from the good.
But you had to admit, Elven territory was the strangest you'd come across. The elves, or at least Thranduil, were more hidden, more regal, keeping what they truly meant, to themselves.

"You seem unfazed by your situation, Pirate. You show no fear ? Did you not see the bars that bordered your cell only moments ago?"

"Oh your Highness," you chuckled, "once again, I beg you call me Frey. And for the bars, I'm much more fearful of the jaws of the ocean than the mere border of an Elven cell. I assure you, although, as you so kindly pointed out, I am quite young, I have seen my fair share of prisons. Tie me to the deck of a boat as the waves slowly consume you and then we will talk of fear."

"I'm sure we can have that arranged."

Before you could retort the doors behind you opened and a young blonde elleth stepped through.

"Ah Legolas," the King bellowed, "you have arrived just in time to meet our prisoner."

"Please your majesty, I insist you use my name, I am quite fond of it." You interrupted, noting the slight smirk on the prince's face before he composed himself.

The King paused. "(Y/n), finds herself a Pirate associated with dwarves."

Legolas' eyes widened and he glanced at you. He had not seen someone like you before. You wore black armour over a ruffled blouse and sturdy leather boots. Your hair was red and hung to your back, curly and styled with a few intricate hoops. But it was your eyes that stood out the most. They were almost grey yet glistened vibrantly. You warm skin and intense freckles showed of your days in the sun.

"What if I was to make you a deal Frey?" The King suddenly asked. Your gaze shot to him, leading him to carry on. "I'm sure you're writhing to get back to the shores. I can have that arranged. With much gold, in your favour." You tensed, not liking where this was going. You didn't trust this Elven king. He was stubborn and brash. He refused to see the good in people who suffered just as he did. "All you have to do is restore what is mine from the mountain and take what is Thorin Oakenshield's."

You almost spat. And you saw Legolas shoot his Father a look. Does he really think I would take such an offer? The dwarves had given you much and they had a home to return to. You straightened, raising your head. "I think you know what my answer is, your Majesty." You replied.

To that he waved his hand. "Very well. Take her back to her cell. The Pirate is of no use to me." The guards suddenly dug their grip into your arms and you managed to hold back a visible flinch.

Back in the darkness of your cell you brushed off the shouts from the dwarves asking what had been said instead assuring them that the King had only called you to amuse him self by trying to get a rise from you. You wouldn't have them worry about another threat. In the silence you heard a soft echo as footsteps drew closer to your cell and blonde hair waved by.

"Prince Legolas?" You whispered. The hair halted and the prince's gaze turned to you through the bars.

He rose a brow. "Fay, isn't it?"

You smiled. "At least someone knows to use a persons name in conversation."

You caught another smirked touch his lips.

"I wanted to ask you," you said, "what does he hope to gain from his campaign, surely he knows his stubbornness does not out weigh that of a dwarves, he is fighting a battle I'm not so sure he'll win." You sighed.

The prince drew a frown. "You care for these dwarves don't you?"

"I think I do. I understand them, you see. I only became what I am to help those in need and search for a home I never had." Your eyes were desperate and your gaze wavered. "They just want their home, Prince Legolas, they just want to be safe." You found yourself sitting down by the opening of your cell, too tired to stand up any longer and too your suprise, Prince Legolas did the same.

"Please," he said softly, "call me Legolas." He smiled. "In these halls I don't see many like you Frey. So willing to fight yourself for someone's benefit."

"Do you agree with him ? Your Father?"

"Yes and no. He's different now and he just takes rather than gives. But he too has lost greatly. It's a defence and it is refreshing to see someone with such a desire to give rather than receive." A soft smile formed on his lips and you both found yourself staring at each other. The shock of his demeanour made your heart race a little and you gulped to compose yourself and look away.

"One day," you smiled "I hope we'll all learn to fight for those smaller than us."

To that Legolas smiled back and then rose, inclining his head. "Goodnight, Frey." He said. And the blonde Prince wandered through the halls.

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Defo gonna do a part 2 to this caus I'm invested now lol