(Legolas x Reader) Let Me Help You

(Imagine Legolas is protective of you when you are Pregnant, only for you to have to defend yourself against a danger that has infiltrated the castle)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

You knew that the hall seemed too empty. Something was missing. What was missing?

"Here, melanin. Let me help you."

There it was.

Legolas hooked his arm around yours without any hesitation and you gave him a knowing look. "Legolas, I am fine. I promise."

He mirrored your expression. "I know but we can never be too careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

You gazed down at your stomach that seemed even bigger than the day before. But it was still only small and could be easily hidden if you tried. But it was too early in your pregnancy to be so overly cautious. You couldn't deny that walking would eventually become a bit of a task, but you also didn't plan on tripping from every step you took. Legolas was not so sure.

"If this is how you are in the early days, should I dare to even consider that I will get a moments peace in the next six months?" You rose a brow.

Legolas only returned with a shaky smirk. "I intend to look after you, not entrap you."

"You're doing a fine job at showing it." You chuckled.

"I'm sorry. As excited as I am to meet our little elfling, I am more concerned for you." He almost seemed embarrassed and it made your heart sink a little. You paused, making him halt. He gazed at you questioningly.

"Legolas, I am going to be perfectly fine. And soon we will have our own child. And everything will be even more perfectly fine. Perfectly perfect in fact." You gave him a loving smile.

He bent down to kiss your cheek. "It shall."

~•~

Another two weeks passed. The library was more quiet than usual at this time. You often enjoyed listening to the delicate flip of ancient pages or the soft breathing that echoed the study. Being the Princess of Mirkwood had certainly not been the easiest at times and you had met many of your most loyal friends in these halls.

Instead you found utter silence.

It was though, that you had entered through the secret passage that led from your chambers. You didn't want Legolas knowing that you had decided to go alone so late in the evening. The passage was a perfect escape despite it having a way of closing in on its self from the entrance. It was old and must have been built at the beginnings of the Elven race of Greenwood.

Allowing your footsteps to tread lightly over the floor, you brushed your finger tips against the spines of some old books, admiring the roughness of their ancient covers, excited to see what secrets they held within.

As you read the title of the last book on the shelf, you couldn't help but notice something delicately move over the main library doors. You couldn't have noticed it at first as you had not used the entrance.

Taking your hand away from the book and slowly creeping around the edge of the shelf, you could see the strands of white that covered the door. It moved slightly in the breeze but mostly was tightly strung around the oak. It was layers of white silk.

No-

Spiderwebs.

You had to catch your stomach before it fell and you quickly span and pressed your back against the concealed part of the book shelf.

"Shit." You breathed.

Your body froze then and your eyes trailed the scuttling noise above. You didn't have your arrows with you. You didn't have any armour on. You cursed the deep blue dress that instead hung from your body.