(The Company x Reader) A Woman Amongst Men

You were the only woman here. Perfect.

Even if you were a ranger, sometimes dwarves rushing over to do simple tasks for you like loading a bag onto your horse, made you question the sanity of the world.

"I'm sure I can manage just perfectly, but I'll let you know if I break a nail." You muttered as the dwarf shied away.

As you all set off riding the next morning you zoned your self out from listening to the lewd banter of the company, focusing your mind on simply the quest ahead. In your own thoughts you heard the gradual pace of hooves getting louder and turned to see Bilbo riding next to you.

"Had enough of listening to all that?" You chuckled.

"Is it so obvious?" He replied. "I don't understand how it doesn't irritate you."

"There are more important things in the world to let bother you Mr Baggings." You smiled. "Sometimes you just have to remember that in the end, death is coming for us all, so live freely and maybe others will one day get their head out of the societal gutter and see that they are just as oppressed as the ones they are oppressing." You smirked, Bilbo staring wide eyed.

"I could listen to you words of wisdom all day, (y/n)." He chuckled.

"So could I" You winked back.