(Thorin x Reader) You're His Daughter

(You are Thorin's daughter and have decided, against your Father's wishes, that you belong to the Company and their quest)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

You had been watching the Dwarves enter the small Hobbit home for some minutes now. They were always so clumsy and so...rude. Fair enough, you were as dwarfish as them but at least you could find the time for manners.

Once the last load of them had fallen through the door that the small Hobbit had opened, you sighed and uncovered your self from behind the cart you were crouched behind. Stepping up to the door you knocked, only to be welcomed by a very stressed looking Hobbit. He didn't say anything even though he was clearly about to. You had removed your hood and he just stared at you, unexpected to find someone a little different from the rest.

"Master Baggins, is it? Please correct me if I am wrong, I do not wish to offend, only it is what I heard the other Dwarves call you." You looked at him calmly and suddenly he straightened.

"No, it is. Bilbo Baggins, that is, thankyou." He was still a little flinchy. Suddenly he checked behind him and when all was clear he lowered his voice to a whisper. "Are you the last of them?"

A small smile tugged at your lips. "As far as I am aware, Bilbo Baggins." Then suddenly you realised, you hadn't seen him. To be honest, you had assumed he had gotten there before everyone else and you had only reached the shire once you saw your cousins walk through. "Wait, no, a certain black haired dwarf hasn't arrived yet has he? I-"

Your heart dropped when you saw Bilbo's eyes shoot up to someone behind you. Your hood flew back on and you signalled Bilbo with a finger to your lips as you hurried past into the cosy home.

"He's here." You heard Gandalf say solemnly.

Suddenly, so many Dwarves were around you, squirming to the entrance and they all froze when they saw an unfamiliar hooded figure but all you could think about was getting out of the way of the door and ignoring their questioning gazes. Your heart wasn't racing like you feared it would, instead you just wanted to make sure you didn't draw any unnecessary attention. Their suspicious alertness seemed to fall away from you as the front door opened to reveal a black haired Dwarf.

"Thorin Oakenshield." Gandalf greeted.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find..." He was always so regal, so calm yet brooding. And you couldn't help but scoff at his words. You had managed to find it. So had all the others.

However, you didn't realised that you had made your reaction so audible to everyone else who finally turned back to you and you even felt Gandalf's gaze fall upon you.

"And who might this be?" Thorin questioned, his eyes threateningly suspicious but he was still so...calm.

"I have my suspicions," Gandalf said, "Tyra Oakenshield."

Thank you, oh great Wizard, for ratting me out.

You could not ignore the gasps from the other dwarves so you figured it wouldn't hurt to show your face now. Your hood fell and your gaze instantly locked with Thorin's.

"I would have made a proper greeting but it appeared that my invite had somehow been misplaced." You said confidently, a brow raised.

You couldn't even begin to fathom what expression Thorin was wearing. You knew he would be angry but you did not care. You were no dwarfling or maiden in distress for that matter. But you knew how protective your kind were of their women. They were rare after all, and having one as the heir to the Durin line was not only remarkable, but worrying.

"Tyra. What to the Gods are you doing here?" His voice was gruff and angry and you stared him down. You could see Kili eyeing you in shock and Fili's eyes remained wide.

"Don't even attempt to be as ignorant. You know as well as I why I am here, Father." You heard a small chuckle come from Balin's lips. He was someone you cared for greatly and he knew you would never back down from the disapproval of your Father.

"You're his daughter?" A soft voice came from beside Gandalf.

Before you could respond to Bilbo, Thorin interrupted. "Yes she is." He growled, stepping towards you. "And the last thing I knew of her was she was still back home."

A strange strangled noise came from Kili and Thorin's dangerous gaze turned on him. His eyebrow was raised. His eyes flickered between you both and then finally settled on his nephew's. "Do not tell me you had some part in this, Kili." Your eyes suddenly flickered to Balin who gave you a knowing look, you narrowed them, then turned back to see Kili play with his hands.

"I-I only knew that Tyra refused to not aid you, Uncle."

"And what else?" He spat.

"That she has not been with the other Dwarves for about a month." Fili added with a slight squeak.

You just stared at them blankly as they cast you guilty looks.

"For months? What is this?" Thorin turned back to you.

"Father, you know me well enough to surely see that I would not stay with our kin, locked away as you would wish. So I left, a little after you did and did some travelling of my own before I decided to come to the Shire and meet with you all."

His hands gripped your shoulders then and you instantly pulled away. "I am no mere child. And I do not care whether you wish to see it or not."

"You are my daughter, Tyra. I cannot have you on this quest it is too dangerous, you are my heir."

"And are Fili and Kili too not your heirs? If so then why do I happen to see them here and upon such a gentle welcoming, nonetheless?" You own voice had grit in it now and you could see the other Dwarves shifting. Most of them knew you. The odd one or two you had not met, probably distant relatives.

"Tyra, you have no say in the matter." Thorin retorted.

"Well I am afraid that is where you are wrong, Father. I do. And if you do not wish me to join you then I will simply leave and catch up eventually." You had no energy to argue, you would live your life how you pleased.

Thorin's eyes were like fire but when his arms came to hold yours again, you could feel his gentle nature. A strong sigh left his lips. "Can I not persuade you otherwise?"

"You know that is a stupid question." Another small chuckle from Balin rang in the shire.

"Very well." Thorin said. "But I cannot lose you."

"Oh don't worry. You won't." You said with a small smile.

He hesitated and then sighed, turning away.
As the Dwarves stepped into the dining room you nudged Fili.

"So much for supporting your kin." You said.

"Sorry, Tyra. He's not easy to lie to." Kili said sheepishly.

"Not with those eyes of fire." Fili added.

"I agree." You sighed then tossed a small bundle of coins to Balin as he passed.

The brothers turned to stare at you. "Oh," you said, "I knew you wouldn't be able to keep your mouths shut. Balin had a little bit more faith."

"But how did he know you were coming to make such a bet?" Kili asked, alarmed.

You turned to them both. "Oh, he didn't." You said with a smile. "But the moment Thorin looked at you, the bet was on."

Leaving them stunned, you made your way to the dining room. An adventure was about to begin. One you were surely going to be apart of.