(Legolas x Reader) Elves Don't Bleed

Second post to say thanks for over 1k reads!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~•~~•~~•~
(You and Legolas scout the powerfully growing orcs, only to lose each other in the process, eventually finding Legolas in peril)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"There, beyond the lake." His voice was calm and calculated.

You could see it now, the pack of orcs marching up by the lake. You looked back at Legolas, concern on your brow.

"Their numbers are growing." You breathed.

He nodded slowly. "My Father will not be too pleased."

"Surely he knows that something must be done."

Legolas' eyes flickered to yours then he signalled you to follow him as he spoke in a hushed whisper. "He does, and that is why I fear he may do nothing."

You had known Legolas his whole life, and of course, his stubborn Father. You were from Rivendell your self, Lord Elrond's niece. When you had visited Mirkwood 300 years ago, your interest in the Elven Prince had started to grow, and his for you. You had been inseparable ever since and had admitted your feelings to one another. In lose terms, you were courting but you both didn't care for formalities, you knew each other too well for that.

Somewhat royal life had never suited you so you had become a member of the guard, eventually promoted to Captain, in Rivendell to put your true skills to test. You were known as the best for scouting advantageous routes and positions and it had meant that you had been able to assist Legolas when you returned to Mirkwood.

You grabbed your bow and positioned it by your side. "If we do not end these orcs from their source then they will continue to spread closer to Mirkwood, as it was with the Spiders."

"And as I have told him endlessly, they are growing stronger." Legolas added.

You nodded slowly, more to yourself than anyone else. But you knew he could see it without looking. Your eyes scanned the closening pack and you noticed the brow of trees that were closely paired together. You caught Legolas' attention in your natural tongue.

"We should approach by way of the trees, attacking from above where they least expect it." Without another word, Legolas nodded and followed you towards the row of trees as you climbed above, waiting for the orc's arrival.

You looked back at him as he crouched. He never questioned you or your decisions. He trusted you. He trusted you personally and in regards to your work.

"They are nearly here, melanin." Legolas said, motioning to the orcs who were nearly below the bushy branches you perched on.

"On my signal?" You asked.

He smiled knowingly. "On your signal."

You gave a small smile then straightened instantly, lowering your gaze. You drew your bow and Legolas did the same. Now the orcs were below you both. You allowed the branch to lower a bit as you walked further to the end and then you turned to Legolas and nodded, both of your arrows releasing in sync and plunging into two of the orcs below. A beautiful harmony. A soft smirk touched Legolas' mouth and a determination made your eyes narrow. It was best you both jumped down now as the chaos amongst the orcs had caused you to lose sight of them.

Legolas knew what you were about to do and instantly followed. The orcs were taken by surprise again. Your arrows flew and span in the air, impaling the growling creatures as they charged forward, swinging their curved blades.

"Behind you!" Legolas shouted. And you turned to impale your dagger into another orc. There were quite a few. Normally this wasn't too much to handle. But you and Legolas shot each other a worried luck when you both realised that they were taking a lot longer to break down. They were, indeed, growing stronger.