(Reader x Thranduil) Define Me Then

Although it was dark, you could still make out the new buds birthing from the fresh grass of spring. It was as if the moon and stars didn't need to try and light up the ground, somehow the barely grown flowers had their own glow about them. You breathed in the cool air. Finally the winter was passing.

Casting your gaze about, you saw on of the buds was much more closed off and shorter than the rest. It would likely struggle to catch up with its brothers and sisters as they grew into bloom. Kneeling down beside it, you pressed your hand against the ground, feeling the tickle of grass below your palm. As you closed your eyes, the small bud filled with life as it's stem grew and it's petal opened a little more until it looked the same as those that surrounded it. You smiled. Lifting your gaze up from the ground, your smile grew. "We're you planning on saying something or we're you just going to stand there un-noticed all night?"

A soft chuckle warmed your ears. "I was just admiring, (Y/n)." Thranduil said gently.

You turned on your knees to face him knowing that the dirt would definitely stain your dress. You noticed his face did not reflect his cheery tone when he saw the look in your eyes. "I just wish they would accept it."

His brow creased and he dropped down to face you. You tried not to flinch as his light robes touched the dirt. Knowing instantly, he cupped your cheek. "Your parents didn't know what a gift they were losing the day they cast you out. They saw something they didn't know of and they took not another thought before trying to remove it." You felt your eye water but clenched your draws. The tears would stay back whether they liked it or not. He kept his eyes on yours. "Their loss was more of a gain than I could ever imagine. To have found you lost and alone in the woods, to have not realised that I was about to meet the greatest love that I believe the world intended no one to have."

You couldn't help it but you smirked. "You and your flattery." You looked away. "I just wish I knew my place, you know?"

"You are what and where you need to be." He said, his voice calm.

You looked up at him, wide eyed. "Define me then. What am I?" Your voice was barely a whisper when you looked down. "What am I suppose to be."

Thranduil's eyes scanned the field of endless flowers. The ones he had seen you grow every morning for the past month. "You are life it's self. Do you not see that?"

Something hit inside. Something you hadn't realised was there before. "You really do believe that? That I'm more than just some abandoned orphan."

A smile graced his lips. "I speak only the truth, my lady." He rose from the dirt.

"You won't have to call me that around court for much longer." You giggled. You bowed playfully forward on your knees. "My 'grand, loving and most certainly adorable wife,' will do just fine I think." Rising to his feet, Thranduil gazed at you, chuckling at the gesture. Your thoughts of the upcoming wedding were snapped from your mind when you saw the patch of dirt covering Thranduil's majestic robes.

You released a sigh, lifting yourself in the hand he held out to you. "Your robes, Thranduil."

He looked down to his knees, and then his gaze skirted to yours. "Yours are no better." He said with a hint of amusement.

You laughter lightly and then sighed thinking of how much work the maids would have to go through to even attempt to remove the stains. Then a thought emerged.

"(Y/n)?" Thranduil asked, noting your shift.

"Let me try something." You said in a whisper. Thranduil didn't resist or act suprised when you took his hands. The ground seemed to come alive in that moment, vines growing from the ground and gently wrapping their way around both of your legs. The green chorus encircled the stained fragments of your robes before twisting themselves away, back into the earth. When you looked down, the garments were clear. Thranduil looked up at you, an adoring smile on his lips.

"I figured if I can move natures elements I could also remove them. I didn't think that would work though." You said with a smile.

Thranduil gave you a look that once again, was un-suprised, as if he had never doubted you for a second. "You, are capable of much more than you know. For anyone to not see that - they - they must truly be blind to the beauty of this world."