(Kili x Reader) - Captured

(Imagine Kili has been captured and you help the company to find him, the fear of losing your love making it hard to focus).

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~•~•~•~~~•~~•~~•~~•

The Company were startled to see you like this. Your usual calm, sweet and playful nature betrayed to an anger that burned in you.

"We have to find him, Thorin. I swear to God I'll kill any orc that lays a hand on him." You stormed up to Thorin, making even him flinch a little.

"I know lass." He sighed. "We will find him. I won't rest until we do." He placed a hand on your shoulder and smiled sadly. Suddenly you felt the curse of rage wash away from you as Thorin's knowing gaze snapped you back into reality.

It had been about an hour since you had heard Kili yell. He only went out to collect fire wood. You would normally go together, joking and often ending in a play fight where Kili would stand on his top toes and keep the firewood above his head as you jumped to reach it. A blood curdling shout of pain had replaced any laughter this time. And you opted to give Bofur a hand with fixing his bed roll instead, making the noise echo in your ears as you leapt up and ran to find him.

You had ran to find the scene, an orc running off with Kili's bleeding body over his shoulder. You couldn't stop your feet from racing after him before another orc jumped out. It had disarmed you in your startled haze but Dwalin managed to follow up behind with an attack. You didn't care when he asked you if you were okay. All you cared about was Kili and all you could feel was your stomach sinking and your heart aching.

"I'm sorry, Thorin." You breathed. "I just need to find him."

"I know, (y/n)." He lifted your chin and locked his eyes on yours, "We will, I promise."

Thorin had become somewhat of a Father figure to you. Ever since the dwarves started noticing yours and Kili's long stares at one another while the other wasn't looking, and subtle flirtations while the other was definitely looking, they had guessed what was going on. But they didn't push it away. In fact they were thrilled by the bond you both shared.

You had met once when you were young at a royal gathering, your parents being good friends with Dis. But since you had left with your parents to live a simpler life, you hadn't realised how much you missed him til you joined the Company and saw his mischievous face again.

You both seemed to calm each other when you were panicked, which would happen a lot with all the energy you both had; you wanted to let the other know that everything would be okay, no matter how much your head spun.

~•~

As night approached you found yourself growing tired but you did not care. Your mind was set and it buzzed with urgency when you saw a soft light in a cave ahead of you.

"Bofur look." You whispered. The dwarf turned to you and followed your gaze to the cave. "Tell Thorin." He nodded, whispering to the dwarf beside until the message was passed along and Thorin stopped to turn and see the light behind the trees.

You all tried to keep quiet thinking that you would be most successful if you kept sneaking and avoided sudden noise.

"It's the closest trace we've had since this morning." You breathed and you saw Bofur's eyes light with hope before Thorin signalled to go forward.

As you reached the mouth of the cave you all froze at the sudden noise of footsteps coming from the side of the cave.

"We wait to see who comes, we can't risk them seeing us sneaking in and alerting the others." Thorin said.