(Thranduil x Reader) Little Legolas

You were...exhausted.

Your bundle of joy had been brought into the world 5 months ago and as much as you loved little Legolas, you also greatly loved, and greatly missed, a good nights sleep.

Creeping to the nursery, you took careful steps across the Elven halls to where you could hear your child stirring. The nanny had surely left your little leaf to rest once he had drifted off and any moment you heard him struggle, you couldn't bear to leave him alone another second.

As you approached, you were only steps away when his crying halted and was replaced by a gentle cooing. You recognised that voice, it's sweet silky tones. You peered through the door way and smiled when you saw Thranduil embracing Legolas. "Hush young one, we must not wake your nana." He rocked your child gently before sitting back on the chair by his crib, cradling him. "She is tired and needs rest, much like you, little leaf."

Your heart was so full. You had noticed Thranduil was not beside you in your bed but you had assumed he had been taken by a late council meeting: they were becoming more and more often. But this sight was beautiful.

Your husband had always been so gentle but as years passed he was growing more nervous for the safety of his kingdom and his growing family.

Without thinking, you walked in and Thranduil's eyes widened. "(Y/n), what are you doing awake? You should be resting." He said in hushed tones.

You slowly walked into the room trying not to disturb Legolas as he drifted off into his Ada's arms. "I heard Legolas stir and was worried so came to find him. Clearly my worry was unjust and instead I find my heart warmed and my mind happy at the sight of my beautiful family." A large smile graced your lips as you kissed the top of Legolas' head who was now resting lightly.

Thranduil smiled back. "I never knew I could love so much." He looked to you and then to the bundle in his arms.

"Nor I." You whispered, kissing his head. He hummed at your presence.

"You should return to bed. I will stay here and hold him while he rests." Thranduil said as you stifled a yawn. You hadn't realised how tired you were this night. Not much rest was given to you when you were constantly worried for your son. But you didn't have to worry now. He was so very safe in the arms of his Father.

"Normally I would argue back. But...you are right my love, I need to sleep and I am no good to anyone this exhausted. I hate to leave you so."

"Do not worry for me." He said. "I am perfectly happy watching over him, his is ours after all."

Another smile graced your lips and you kissed his forehead once again. "Goodnight my love." You looked to Legolas and sighed contentedly. "Sweet dreams my little prince."

It was the most peaceful sleep you had encountered for five months. And you awoke more rested and more happy than you ever had before.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~•~~

Just woke up and decided to do a short one haha!