(Thranduil) Returning Home ~ Part 2

I'm just vibin.

I'll probs stick some of the chapters together otherwise this gonna be sooo long.

No idea if anyone will actually read this but "Hey!" If you are!

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•

~Betrayed~

You had changed much since you had last stepped foot in Mirkwood. And you knew your Father could see it as he stared at the elleth before him.

Your ashy hair hung to your chest, significantly shorter than when it had once trailed the ancient floors, your skin was darker, tainted by the sun in your days travelling, your eyes painted with a line of dark coal, and you proudly bore several braids in your hair, a reminder of your own time with dwarves and other beings you had met along the way.

The silence seemed to last much longer to you than it really had. Much longer than the 3 years you had been separated. Normally a blink in the life of an elf. But the separation and strife you had fought through in between made it significantly longer.

The worst part was not being able to tell what you Father was thinking. You could see desperation, the want to run out and hold his lost child. You could see pain, from being betrayed. But what chilled you was the sliver of anger you couldn't miss within his eyes. And you had expected it.

"Ayvire." He breathed. Finally closing his mouth. He rose from his throne. "I cannot believe it is you."

"It has been a long time." You replied softly, still afraid to move.

You didn't think he would but he walked towards you, his eyes scanning you. And then you froze in shock as he wrapped his arms around you and held you. You didn't know if you wanted to cry, if you wanted to scream. But for that one bitter sweet moment, you felt safe. And you let it last for the short time that it did.

Something in him clicked and if you hadn't felt him tense as he moved away from you, you may have missed it. The face of desperation was shattering and through it came an anger.

"Why are you back?" He almost spat.

"Because it was time to return." You tried to ignore the pain his question caused you. You had left angry, he had lost you angry. There was no way of simply passing these feelings by.

He rolled his eyes, stepping back wards. He nodded to the guards behind you, telling them to leave. "You had no right to leave in the first place. You of all people Ayvire, leaving me! Against my orders to say the least. And yet you mock me by returning with no-"

"I left," you said with gritted teeth, "because I couldn't stand here and support your rule Ada . Since Mother died you were careless. Letting spiders wander free, killing innocents. Disregarding mine and Legolas' opinions on any matter that would cause you to care for any other kingdoms survival." You took in a sharp breath before you continued, not trying to hide the pain on your face. "And let's not forget, Ada, your endless attempts to try and marry me off." His face twitched. It was a raw subject to be discussed between the two of you.

He looked away, walking back to his throne, not replying. When he finally sat down, he sighed. "It is my Kingdom Ayvire. My land to rule. You and Legolas will both understand one day the things I do to protect this realm."

You were irritated that he had ignored a fraction of what you had said. "And you would protect this realm by hiding it away, leaving others to suffer?"