(Legolas) Pirate: Unexpected Love ~ Part 3

(Switching the series of events around a bit for a change :))

~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~

"Kili, Kili stay with me!" Your voice was shaky, holding back an abundance of heavy tears as you urged the dwarf to hold on through the shaking pain in his body.

Your head snapped to the door.

"Legolas," you said, seeing the tall figure hesitantly enter the door way after helping to shorten down the orc threat, "there must be something you can do. Some Elven magic?" You looked back at Kili, his eyes failing, "some remedy of sorts?"

Before he could reply, a tall she-elf with red flowing hair, similar to yours, stepped through. She smiled, placing a hand on your shoulder.

She needn't say any words before you hesitantly swallowed and nodded in reply, there was a comfort about her as she gazed at Kili and placed her hands on him. But you couldn't look away.

"(Y/n)." A soft voice said.

You turned to see Legolas' out stretched hand. A sad smile touched his lips.

"Come." He said.

You looked back at Kili a few times then managed to pull your eyes away, letting the elf lead you through the door.

Lake town was silent yet you still felt unsettled, knowing that something more was to come.

"I'm glad you're safe." Legolas whispered as you both gazed out at the small ripples of water.

For some reason this shocked you. You turned to him, his face glowing in the moonlight. You must have not noticed the shocked expression on your face.

"Are you okay?" Legolas asked suddenly, a worried frown on his brow.

"Yes-I-er...I just didn't expect that, was all."

"I know Kili's injuries seemed to get worse so quickly I -"

"No," You chuckled, "I meant, I didn't expect you to say you were glad to see me safe." You raised a brow at him. "Not many care for my well-being. Yes the dwarves have been inviting but I've travelled with them for many moons now. You, not so much." You gazed at him questionably.

"I told you when we first met-"

"In your Father's prison." you smirked.

He let out a breathy smile "Er, yes," he chuckled "not the most inviting place but, the place where we met none the least." You smiled. "I said you were unlike those I had met before. I could see the goodness in you by your concern for not just Thorin but my Father too. A man who had imprisoned you."

You sighed. "Yes clearly my acceptingness of others cruelty is becoming a bit of an issue."

But Legolas gently grabbed your arms, "No." he said, "Never that. What you have is the ability to empathise, (Y/n). To see pain where it is hidden and understand why it is used as a defence."

You stared at him this time. Gazing into his eyes.

Damn it, the elf is making me feel again.

And that was something you had lost a long time ago at sea. Being on board a ship with so many men numbed your desire to feel, it was less trouble that way.

"Thank you again, for saving me earlier." You said, breaking the silence and your deep gaze as you glanced away.

"Any time." He smiled. "Any time."

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Before you knew it, you and Legolas were separated again.

Once Kili was healed, you could breathe easy. You had made your way to the mountain only to see Smaug released.

"That is unlike any serpent of the sea I have seen before." You had said, breathing heavy and feeling faint as you and the dwarves watched the winged beast plummet towards Laketown.

"That, lass, is a dragon." Dwalin had breathed.

Not long after the dragon had been destroyed, you and the people of lake town had head to Dale. Now, you witnessed true despair.

Bloodied men and women leaned against one another, their injuries to severe to move without support. Some children screamed: some from fear, some from being unable to find their parents.

You had helped to settle some of the people in shock and panic and gathered aid for those that knew the ways of healing.

But now the city was starting to settle. There was still pain in the air, almost consuming the atmosphere.

Your heart sank. And you felt helpless.

You eventually spotted Bard walking through the crowd, checking on his town's people to make sure they were okay.

He slowly strolled up to you.

"What can I do to help?" You asked looking at him, unintentionally desperate.

"You have done all you can." Bard said, a soft smile on his lips.

You sighed. "And so have you, my friend. You must rest."

"No I must lead."

"No man can lead if he does not also look after himself." You said, almost sternly. "They need comfort and rest, Bard. And so do you. Or you will be useless to them."

He chuckled slightly, looking at you shaking his head, "Fine. You sure know how to make people do as you please." He smirked.

"You can't be captain of the ship without knowing how to use people's vulnerability against them." You winked.

Bard chuckled softly again then turned to lay down by the pillar, resting his head on a raised section of the structure.

As the day drifted on, you made sure to check on everyone. You were tired yourself and starting to feel hunger settle in. But then a horde of elves marched by, The King atop his elk, dressed for battle. You sighed.

I can not deal with anymore stubbornness today.