(Boromir x Reader) Broken Promises

(Imagine you stumble upon the Fellowship only to be untrusted by a certain man from Gondor)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
Their fire was making the trees around them glow. You had expected maybe a little more carefulness to be actioned by such a skilled looking group but they had seemed to settle their camp in a more exposed place nonetheless.

You remained crouched. You knew that danger was coming their way and as much as you did not want to interfere, you knew you had to. Even if you chose not to, they would make you. You rolled your eyes and sighed. It would be best not to creep up on them, the axes and swords you eyed on the ground were close enough for them to throw your way when startled by a sudden hidden noise. So you rose, making your self obvious as your figure strode towards them.

The hobbits noticed you first and when the Ranger noticed them stiffen, his gaze shot to yours and he stood, the others following suit when they saw you, picking up their weapons.

"Who goes there?" The black haired man shouted across the closing.

You stepped forward still a little cautious, but your duties were all that were on your mind. "My name is (Y/n). I have come to assist you on your quest, Aragon son of Arathorn and your Fellowship." You nodded to each one reciting your names. They stared at you weary, especially the one you knew as Boromir. You doubted he trusted anything you said or would begin to say.

"And what makes you think we are in need of your assistance?" The elf, Legolas asked with narrowed eyes.

You let a confident smile Grace your lips. "Well let me begin by informing you of the orc ambush that have planned their descent on you before sun rise."

And that, was how you joined the Fellowship.

~•~

"Pippin, could you please pass me my flask? It's just on the floor to your left." The small hobbit nodded with a smile and tossed the leather water pack to you. You caught it in one hand, nodding, pulling of the cork with your teeth, spitting it to land in the crease of your elbow and drinking from it, your other hand finishing tying up your hire with the other. "Thanks." You added when you finished tying up Mayvere. You had grown fond of the hobbits and their determination to fight despite their fears and lack of experience. They were kind and good.

"Watch to make sure she doesn't try and free the others when no one is looking." Your glacier eyes turned to stare into Boromir who was walking past with a bundle of firewood in his arms.

"If I wanted to caus you such distress, I wouldn't have used every ounce of my ability to protect you from the day we met. And you very much need protecting, Bormir." You gave a mocking smile.

He narrowed his eyes and sauntered past. You had practically saved the Fellowship with your warning of the orc ambush the night you had met, using your magic to assist. You had continued to help them ever since. You were close to Aragon now and often shared conversations with Legolas in his native tongue although he still did not fully understand how you knew such a language. Gimli thought you were a good laugh to: you would never shy away from a tankard of ale.

"We still can't trust her." You heard Boromir mutter to Aragon as he sat beside her.

"Your ability to trust any of us astounds me, Boromir. Why is (Y/n) any different?" Aragon replied calmly.

"We don't know why she is here, truly. Or who she is." He replied, eyeing you as you pretended not to notice and walked towards Legolas instead.

"She is helping us. She has posed no threat unless you would say that her fighting for our lives is somehow an evil scheme. We don't know her, but I do not sense any ill intent."