Chapter 98 - Maggie's New Chair

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Hogwarts castle buzzed with excitement on the night of the Winter Ball.

Although little Sev's age prevented him from attending the event, a genuine smile lingered on his face while he chatted with his roommates in their shared dormitory.

Maggie and Scorpius had always been kind to him.

He remained hopeful that they would both enjoy their evening.

While the students flurried around the castle, Severus knocked on the closed door of the spare room in his office.

"My love......?" He drawled, "Are you nearly ready?"

"Nearly, yes!" Harriet called back, "A moment more, that's all I need!"

Severus sighed as he let his hand fall away.

As headmaster, his punctuality at school events remained an unspoken expectation.

The door to the side room opened.

Severus's dark eyes widened as his jaw dropped.

Harriet stood in front of him, dressed in an exact replica of the green and black gown she had worn to the ball so many years ago on the first night Severus had taken her as his mate.

"My love........" He whispered as he gazed at Harriet, "You're........."

"Older?" Harriet laughed.

".......Beautiful." Severus declared.

She chuckled to bat aside the mounting tension that crept between them while her husband held her under his intense gaze as his hands slipped over her hips to cradle her waist.

Harriet's soul burned as she noticed the look of desperate longing in Severus's eyes as she studied his face.

"Do you remember that night?" She asked playfully.

His already apparent answer needed no words.

"............Yes." Severus whispered.

"Do you remember tearing my robes off of me?" Harriet smirked.

"...............Yes." Severus whispered again.

He failed to return Harriet's chuckle as a serious frown of rapt concentration marred his pale face.

"Do you remember what we nearly did under your desk?" She laughed.

Severus could stand his wife's cruel teasing no longer.

With all the portraits in the headmaster's office watching, he leaned down and placed a gentle, loving kiss to Harriet's lips.

Squeals and cries rang out from those inside the portraits, complimented by encouraging shouts and a round of applause as the bored spirits who dwelt within the paintings witnessed a bit of happy excitement.

Harriet delighted in her mate's affectionate kiss but as one minute turned into two, she realized Severus had no plans to end their display of affection.

As he slowly pushed her backwards, her spine pressed against the wall while he deepened their kiss until Harriet managed to pull away from him as she gasped, "T-They're waiting on us, Sev. We should go now."

"I am the headmaster." Severus whispered with a huskiness in his decadent voice that made Harriet's cheeks flush, "........And you are my wife."

"Sev.....You and I will be free to be together as soon as we've opened the ball and said hello to everyone......Won't we?" Harriet asked with a smile as she laid a hand on Severus's cheek.