Chapter 66 - Maggie's Letter

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The following day, Maggie dressed in her new robes as soon as she woke.

While she gazed at her reflection in her vanity's mirror, she listened to her family shuffle around the living room while they made preparations for her party.

As she brushed her long, dark hair, a smile brightened her fair face.

She tried to forget about the previous morning as she pushed the memory aside.

Maggie Snape looked forward to spending her birthday with her parents, her brother, Rabbie, and Disencan.

Hours in the company of her family had always been her very favourite way to pass time.

—————————————————————

Before Maggie had woken, Disencan and Ingrid had remained at the house to watch over the sleeping Snape children while Severus and Harriet rose early and left.

Severus was not one to abandon tradition.

As he had each year on Maggie's birthday, he did something pleasant for his wife in an effort to make fond memories that would overshadow the grim, traumatic spectacle of their daughter's birth.

As they walked through Diagon Alley hand in hand, Harriet didn't seem haunted by the horrors of the past as she beamed at Severus and exclaimed, "Oh, Sev, I'm so excited!"

"It is indeed a joyful occasion to watch the children celebrate another year of life." He nodded stoically at Harriet.

The couple entered the new doughnut shop that had opened close to Ollivander's, placed their order, and took their seats before Harriet went on.

"Yeah, but Sev, surely you realize what today is?" She asked urgently.

After she scanned his face and studied his frown, she laughed and explained, "Maggie will be eleven today......She'll have her letter to Hogwarts! Isn't that wonderful?"

"Perhaps." Severus nodded, "When I was a boy, my letter came two weeks after my eleventh birthday. Do not anticipate it too much, my love."

"Well, hers is coming today. I can feel it!" Harriet grinned as a server brought their order to their table.

Severus didn't protest any further, instead, he enjoyed his private breakfast with Harriet while they chatted.

His dark eyes softened as he gazed at the happy look on his wife's face.

Happy........that was what Severus wanted Harriet to be.

—————————————————————

After the couple returned home, they found Ingrid and Disencan already awake, working on the decorations and food for Maggie's party.

Little Sev joined them a short while later.

Disencan served him breakfast while Harriet flustered around.

Maggie was the last Snape to emerge from her bedroom that day.

"Good morning, sweetheart! Happy Birthday!" Harriet exclaimed as she rushed over and gave her daughter a hug.

"Thanks, Mum." Maggie quietly replied as she returned Harriet's embrace.

"Happy Birthday, my dear." Severus nodded.

Ingrid changed into her Animagus form and settled herself on Maggie's lap while Disencan and Little Sev chorused.