Chapter 62 - Severus and Harriet

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Several uneventful months passed.

The mystery of the Hallows temporarily stalled, but Severus kept himself on silent alert for any potential danger while he sought to spend every waking moment possible with his family.

Little Sev celebrated his first birthday startlingly soon.

The baby's party was relatively small but nonetheless joyful as Severus and Harriet watched their dark-headed little boy cram fistfuls of cake into his tiny mouth.

Harriet became so focused on watching their son that she failed to notice Severus's soft gaze lingered on her.

His stare traced the outline of her lips and the crease of her cheeks as she smiled and laughed.

Silently, Severus hoped his wife would be receptive to the discussion he sought to begin with her after their son's birthday party concluded.

————————————————————-

The day had been filled with smiles, presents, and laughter.

That night, Maggie slept soundly next to Rabbie, while Little Sev snoozed in his cot, exhausted by the hours of fun.

Disencan cleaned the house with a few simple spells, which allowed Harriet and Severus to retire to the quiet of their bedroom.

The couple decided to enjoy a bath together while they let the happy tension the day had brought melt from their bodies.

In the tub, Harriet straddled Severus while he traced wet lines of water up and down her back as he gazed into her face.

She sighed softly as she lifted her arms and stretched, with her body on full display for Severus's dark, hungry eyes to devour.

"Tired, my love?" He asked as he watched Harriet yawn.

"Worn out completely!" Harriet exclaimed with a laugh, "If anyone's trying to test their endurance, I'd tell them to have children. That should do it."

Severus frowned as he gazed up at his wife in silent reverence.

"What's the matter, Sev?" Harriet asked once she noticed his sad expression. Her smile faded while she spoke, "I know you must be exhausted too, don't worry....we'll be in bed soon."

Harriet didn't quite understand how much Severus wanted her statement to be true, although sleep was not particularly on his mind.

"Sev.....?" She asked as she watched an unfulfilled yearning creep into her mate's black eyes, "Is something else wrong.....?"

"I'm long overdue for a rut." Severus whispered in his low drawl.

Harriet shifted in the water as she scoffed, "Well, I'm long overdue for a heat."

"Both could start at any time....." Severus purred.

"They could." Harriet nodded, "That's true, they definitely could."

She couldn't hide the smirk that formed on her lips as she shifted in the water once she felt her husband's arousal brush teasingly against the creamy flesh of her inner thigh.

"I enjoy being a father more than I ever thought possible." Severus whispered as he watched Harriet's breasts bounce while the water rippled with her movement.

His manhood pressed against her bottom cheek as she shifted and frowned, "And I.....the children have become my world, Sev, you know that."

He gazed at Harriet's face for a moment before his black eyes flickered over her, eager to speak yet terrified of rejection.