Chapter 26 - Daddy to the Rescue

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Somewhere in the spinning blackness, Harriet lost consciousness.

Her last thoughts were of Severus and their baby before her worries were blissfully washed away by temporary nothingness.

Later, a gentle touch graced her shoulder.

She gradually returned to the world as she struggled to regain her senses.

Harriet moved slightly and felt the silk sheets underneath her rustle as she thought.....

It must have been a bad dream.

She hadn't taken her exam yet.

She hadn't been abducted.

She and Severus were on holiday somewhere together.

They had taken a honeymoon to an estate in France.......or was it a villa in Italy?

They were in a beautiful, bright place where the sun beamed down on the smiling people.

When Harriet slowly opened her eyes to that bright light, she discovered that it did not come from the sun.

Somewhere behind that blinding beam, she recognized Elion Dacre's cold stare.

He looked at her with a gleeful grin while he exclaimed, "Oh, good! You're finally awake!"

The estate in France and the villa in Italy both disappeared as Harriet's head throbbed and her back smarted.

She writhed on the bed as she squinted her eyes shut while the memories of what had truly happened and the dire urgency of her current reality came rushing back.

Clink, clink.

Harriet's eyes snapped open at the sound that came from above and below her.

Clink, clink.

She heard the noise and felt their weight before she saw them.......chains.

Enchanted, heavy chains had been fastened around her ankles and wrists to bind her to the bed.

Harriet's breath hitched as she turned her head to look over at her captor while Elion chuckled darkly and informed her, "I wouldn't waste my energy struggling if I were you, it won't do you any good. You're where you belong at last, Harriet Potter, assassin of the Dark Lord."

"My name is Harriet Snape now! Let me go!" Harriet snapped. She knew that was a futile attempt, but the command left her lips instinctively as she glared at Elion and spat, "Let me go and take me home!"

"This is your home now, pet." Elion answered in a low, dangerous purr as he stepped away from Harriet and walked to the other side of the dark room.

Panic gripped Harriet for a brief moment when a flurry of motion came from within her womb as the baby sensed the adrenaline that coursed through her veins.

"Take me back to my mate!" Harriet demanded as she rattled the chains that confined her.

"I am your mate." Elion corrected her with an eerie calmness in his voice.

Harriet rattled her chains again as she hissed at her assailant and cried, "That's a lie!"

"Perhaps for now......" Elion chuckled again. Harriet heard him take a drink of something and pause. After a moment, he turned towards her with the light from his wand illuminating his face as he went on, "........But I will be soon."