Chapter 95 - Wrath

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Stories.

Lucretia had heard stories from her own parents about towering, scowling, harsh Professor Snape.

Suddenly, her bold resentfulness towards the Minister for Magic's daughter receded as she stood in front of him an hour after breakfast, in the headmaster's office.

McGonagall watched the pair with pursed lips, ready to intervene in case Severus's incredible amount of self-control finally ran out.

Lucretia frowned as Severus gazed into her face with his cold, dark eyes.

Several moments of tense silence passed.

It baffled Lucretia to realize the unending quiet seemed worse than if her foe's father had simply screamed at her.

At last, Severus spoke.

"Rest assured, now that I have officially been reinstated as an authority figure at this educational institution, I will tolerate no instance whatsoever of bullying.......although neither does your current headmistress." He drawled.

Lucretia frowned.

"Do you understand?" Severus barely moved his lips to ask.

"Y-Yes, sir." Lucretia sniffed, all traces of her rebellious bravery gone.

Severus loomed over her while he held her in his gaze, full of repressed rage.

"..........Very well." He murmured.

McGonagall watched as he stared down at Lucretia to levy her weighty sentence, "My daughter is currently healing from the eight separate wounds that you caused.......I see it only fitting for you to match her suffering......However, I regret to inform you that in 1623, Hogwarts abolished the use of physical punishment on its students."

McGonagall's eyes widened.

Lucretia drew in a shuddering gasp as she trembled.

"Be that as it may......." Severus went on, "Punishment can take on many forms......There are eight months left in the academic year. You will serve detention each day of the school week for every one."

"S-Serve detention with who, sir?" Lucretia dared to ask.

"Whomever I so choose!" Severus snapped, "From sunup to sundown, you will do exactly as you're told by who you're told, stopping only to attend class, eat your meals, and complete your homework."

Lucretia's mouth fell open.

"Do you understand?" Severus asked again in a louder, pressing tone.

"Yes, sir, I-I understand!" She nodded.

Severus's black eyes flickered towards the door, "Classes begin soon." He leaned closer and closer towards Lucretia as he spoke, intent on intimidating the foul monster who had dared harm his little girl, "Once your last lesson of the day is finished, you are to report to Professor Slughorn this afternoon.......and assist him with whatever.....he sees......fit."

Lucretia nodded as she took a step back, "Yes, sir! I'll......I'll report to the Potions Classroom as soon as my last lesson ends!"

She took the opportunity to turn and sprint towards the door, but Severus's languid voice stopped her in her tracks, "........And have I dismissed you?"

Lucretia closed her eyes and bit her lip in dismay as she came to an abrupt stop.

She forced a neutral expression onto her face as she turned and asked, "N-No, sir?"