Chapter 11 - September's Ball

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The remaining days before the ball passed by in a busy fog of buzzing excitement.

The second Saturday in September quickly arrived.

An hour before the event began, students had already lined up to enter the Great Hall, which had been fabulously decorated, complete with flickering crystals floating close to the ceiling and a stage at the front with a live band that had been hired to play music for the duration of the evening.

The students were set to walk in first and then the staff would make their entrances, couple by couple.

When Filch finally opened the massive doors to the Great Hall, he tried and failed to control the overwhelming flood of eager students as they poured into the room. Those who had come in the company of their romantic interests clutched onto their dates and others, who had brought a companion out of sheer obligation, looked around the room in hopes of better prospects for dance partners than the person next to them.

Everyone remained standing in two seperate groups on either side of the room, leaving a clear path down the middle of the Great Hall so that the staff could walk unhindered from the massive doorway to the High Table.

Elion, along with the other house prefects, stood on the front lines and respectfully waited for Hogwarts' leaders to enter.

Elion's date, an unfortunate girl from Slytherin house, stood meekly behind him and frowned as he stared into the dark hallway past the entrance to the Great Hall, prepared for the moment that Harriet would step into his view.

Once the students were settled and silenced by Filch, it was the staff's turn to arrive.

Severus strode elegantly into the room with McGonagall at his side.

He gently held Minerva's hand high as he peered around the crowd with his black eyes narrowed in a shrewd scowl.

McGonagall had worn her best red dress robes, but Severus had chosen his usual clothes and allowed his imposing, long, black cloak to billow behind him in its intimidating way as he walked over and sat down in the headmaster's chair at the High Table once he had chivalrously helped McGonagall to her seat beside him, to his left.

After the headmaster had made his entrance, the rest of Hogwarts' staff sauntered into the ball.

When Harriet's turn finally came, she had to lean down just a bit to grasp Professor Flitwick's hand without embarrassing him about his slight stature.

As Harriet passed by the crowd, whispers passed from one student to another.

An arrogant smirk danced across Elion's lips.

From his seat at the High Table, Severus stared at the omega with his mouth agape.

Whether she was viewed as a hero or a villain, no one could deny that Harriet Potter looked beautiful that night.

Harriet's new dress had been magically tailored to her alpha's desires. Her dress was long, formal, and damask.....made from panels of rich black taffeta that flowed gracefully as she walked. The sleeves ended in a single white ruffle and tight, black buttons fastened them from wrist to shoulder. The dress's empire waistline also bore those same, tight buttons all the way from the center of the chest to where the neckline halted and exposed the very top of Harriet's cleavage.

The bodice piece of the gown was a rich shade of absinthe green, which gave Harriet's eyes the illusion of glowing brightly as she walked down the candlelit room, with her hair tousled in sculpted waves over her shapely shoulders.