Chapter 60 - An Interesting Failure

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
————————————————————

Harriet and Severus spent the night in a blissful, sweat-soaked cuddle while they delighted in the aftermath of their exertions.

Down the hallway, Rabbie blinked her eyes open as she lay beside Maggie.

Her breathing grew deep and steady, while she floated through her dreams with a pleasant smile on her small lips.

Satisfied by the silence of the house and all its sleeping inhabitants, Rabbie hopped from Maggie's crib and landed on her feet before she smoothly transitioned back to Ingrid.

Knowing she could use the Resurrection Stone unhindered, Ingrid deftly left Maggie's room.

She glided through the hallway as she strode towards the front door, with the stone in her possession, waiting to be used once more.

As Ingrid walked through the quiet, dark house, she stopped and opened her hand.

Ingrid drew in a deep breath as she stared down at the Resurrection Stone in her palm.

She closed her eyes as she prepared herself to notice a surge of hope, to hear a whisper, to feel something.....anything.....but as she held the third Hallow in her grasp, the quiet of the night remained unchanged.

Ingrid frowned as the hope in her heart threatened to wither.

Determined not to be defeated by doubt, Ingrid slyly slipped out of the front door and walked into the Snapes' garden, determined that the stone would reunite her with long lost love once more.

—————————————————————

Early the next morning, Maggie's screeching cry of horror woke Severus and Harriet, along with Little Sev and Disencan.

As soon as her large eyes had opened, she had immediately noticed that Rabbie was not in her bed.

A disturbing panic overcame the young girl that sent her flailing and shrieking in terror.

Severus and Harriet rushed out of their room to their daughter's side.

As Severus pounded down the hallway and threw open the door to Maggie's bedroom, his black eyes widened in fear as he wondered what awful calamity could have befallen his little girl.

"RABBIE!" Maggie wailed as Harriet skidded behind him while she gasped for breath.

"RABBIE!" Maggie shrieked again as Little Sev whimpered down the hallway, eager to start his morning and have the noise cease.

Harriet sighed as Severus dove forward to scoop Maggie out of her bed and into his arms.

"It's alright, sweetheart! It's alright!" Harriet tried to comfort her daughter as she rubbed her tiny shoulder while Severus clutched her in his strong arms and bounced her gently while she sobbed against his chest.

"RABBIE!" Maggie shouted.

Through the window of Maggie's bedroom, Severus spied his ancestor in the garden.

"Hush, my little one." Severus drawled in his low voice while he nodded at Harriet to go and tend their son, "Rabbie will be back in a moment, she merely stepped outside before you woke."

Maggie quieted her wailing scream into a series of gut-wrenching desperate sobs as Severus cuddled her close.

He would have waited for Ingrid to return, but rage boiled in his veins as he watched her through the window while she sat on the ground with her head down and her hands drooped towards the earth.