Chapter 90 - Family

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Due to Harriet's condition, Severus took Maggie shopping for the necessary supplies her upcoming second year at Hogwarts demanded.

Little Sev happily tagged along as he followed his father and sister throughout their day of errands in Diagon Alley.

As much as Harriet looked forward to meeting the little lives inside her who spent their time kicking and punching her ribs, she couldn't help but feel a bit saddened that she missed out on Maggie's back to school activities.

While Harriet rested at home, Severus and Little Sev brought Maggie to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters early one autumn morning.

The trio chatted until the train whistle blew to announce the time for boarding had arrived.

"Pour your energy into your studies." Severus nodded at his daughter while Little Sev threw his arms around Maggie in a tight, tearful hug.

"I will, Dad!" Maggie promised as she patted her younger brother's back.

"I'm going to miss you so much, sissy!" Little Sev whispered.

"It'll be alright!" Maggie comforted him, "Just a few more weeks and the babies will be here!"

"But they're not you!" Little Sev wailed.

"Brother, it's fine!" Maggie laughed as he pulled away and wiped the tears from his cheeks, "Just another year and then you'll join me! Won't that be brilliant?"

"I still have to wait an entire year though!" Little Sev moaned.

Severus cast his son a warning scowl, which sent the little boy curtailing his emotions as he quieted and sniffed away his sobs.

Before Severus had a chance to speak, Maggie asked, "Dad?"

"Yes, my darling?" He answered, hardly moving his lips.

"Can I be there?.....With Mum?....When the babies are born?" Maggie asked hopefully.

Severus frowned at his daughter's unexpected question.

He took a moment to consider his answer before he spoke, "I suppose that decision will be up to your mother more than anyone, yet I hardly think such an event is appropriate for a child your age..........to witness."

"I'm nearly thirteen, Dad!" Maggie laughed, "I'm old enough to watch babies be born! You know, I heard of one girl in third year that was sent away for-"

"-I shall ask your mother. Regardless, I beg you not to let your hopes soar too high." Severus said as he quickly cut off his daughter's story about a pregnancy in a girl only one year older than her, abhorring the mere thought, "She may not feel such an idea is permissible.......And if the birth occurs during school hours, your studies will of course......take precedence over your request."

"I understand, Dad." Maggie said with a polite nod, "Thanks, if you can ask Mum, I'd be really appreciative, even if she says no."

Severus threw his daughter a questioning frown as he opened his mouth to reply.

His answer became prematurely halted.

"Maggie!......Maggie!"

Severus turned to see his newest nemesis running towards him and his children.

Draco frowned in the background as Scorpius trotted up with a bright smile while he greeted them, "Hello, Minister! Hello, Maggie! Hello, Sev!"

"Hello." Little Sev replied.