Chapter 44 - A Visit from Eileen

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus,

How good it is to hear from you, my dear son! I would love to come for a visit. Perhaps we can speak about your questions then? You're welcome to bring your family here, but your father has his card games on Friday, I'm sure you haven't forgotten.

Your Loving Mother,

Eileen Snape

Severus glanced at the letter that lay on the table beside him while he ate breakfast with his family one morning.

"I think it'd be brilliant to have your mother over for dinner." Harriet nodded as she enjoyed her pancakes, "You've never mentioned her much at all, Sev. She should at least meet Maggie."

Maggie blinked curiously and glanced between her parents.

"Eat your strawberries, love." Harriet urged their little girl as she leaned over and kissed her chubby cheek.

Maggie giggled while Severus watched his wife and daughter with a terse look on his pale face.

"Perhaps I should arrange to meet her elsewhere." He suggested, "I'm not sure what she will have to tell us......"

Harriet followed the direction of his gaze as his dark eyes glanced over at Rabbie, who sat on the floor and ate a mound of gingleberries from a metal bowl.

"I wish to keep a peaceful house." Severus nodded.

Harriet frowned as she answered, "Well Sev, I would appreciate it very much if Maggie could at least meet her. She's the only grandparent that our daughter has."

Rabbie looked up and scowled in disbelief after she finished her treat.

Had the wife of her son's son not listened to her words at all?

—————————————————————

Severus tried to hold his resolve, but he was powerless against his bride's heartwarming smile.

A date and time were agreed upon for Eileen to come and visit for an evening, much to his chagrin.

As that date approached, the Snape family settled into the lifestyle that came with Severus's new career.

Disencan tended the house each day.

Harriet cared for Maggie most of the time.

When occasions occurred that she needed to be present for, Ingrid or Disencan, sometimes both, looked after the little girl in her mother's absence.

Severus forced himself not to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work to be done.

Each day felt like an endless barrage of questions, urgent matters, cases to be reviewed, proposals to be approved, important meetings, and decisions due related to various issues.

Regardless of the fact that he maintained his composed behavior, Severus wasn't sure he could have carried on if it hadn't been for Harriet.

Whenever he felt himself start to falter, she lifted his spirits with her smile.

Whenever a question came that he paused to answer, Harriet interjected a witty reply for him.

Harriet Potter, er, Snape, had already become a symbol of victory and kindness throughout the wizarding world.

As the Minister's wife, she sought to use her influence to help others.

During Severus's first few weeks at his post, Harriet made countless visits to St. Mungo's.