Chapter 81 - Smiles and Rivals

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Little Sev and Maggie were delighted when their parents informed them about their father's career change.

Although they enjoyed being the Minister for Magic's children, little Sev looked forward to starting his Hogwarts journey with his parents and sister at the castle with him.

Maggie desperately wanted her father's influence at her school.

She hoped that once Severus became the newly reinstated headmaster, the cruel remarks she had begun to receive from her classmates would cease.

At first, it had been mostly stares and contained whispers, but during Maggie's second semester, some of her peers became bold enough to approach her.

Her heart sank as she realized that not a single person besides Scorpius showed any interest in becoming her friend.

"What's wrong with you?

"Why can't you walk?"

"Is your family ashamed of you?"

"Can you use the toilet by yourself?"

Their questions weren't always rude, but sometimes they were difficult for her to answer.

On several occasions, other girls in her year showed their most vicious tendencies.

As she ate dinner one evening, she noticed a girl staring at her across from Slytherin's table.

Maggie blinked at the girl's hostile scowl before the girl glanced from her eyes to her chest and asked, "How did your tits develop and your legs didn't?"

Maggie frowned as she answered, "My legs did develop, they just don't work."

"Why?" The girl sneered, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." Maggie frowned, "They haven't worked since I was born."

"Then what did you Mum do?" The girl asked with a wicked grin.

"What do you mean?" Maggie frowned, "She took care of me, both my parents have.....What were they supposed to do?"

"No, I meant what did she do to get you to be born without working legs?" The girl scoffed, "Babies aren't born that way unless something's off. I bet your Mum was with another man and you became her punishment."

"WHAT?!" Maggie cried with an incredulous gasp, "No! I....She was not! My parents love each other more than any other couple has ever!"

"If that's what helps you sleep at night." The girl shrugged, "I'd have to tell myself that to, if I was a little lie baby."

"A........what?" Maggie glowered.

"You heard me." The girl smirked, "All you are is an ugly, little lie baby. You shouldn't even be here. This castle isn't built for someone who can't walk. Don't muggles have homes for people like you?"

Maggie took a deep shuddering breath as she stared at the Slytherin girl with her heart racing.

Having been raised in a loving home with little to no conflict, Maggie didn't know what to do or how to respond to her vicious bully.

"Go on, ugly little lie baby." The Slytherin girl taunted, "Turn around and eat your dinner. Don't want Mummy to have to come and feed you now, do you?"

Maggie Snape was indeed a combination of her parents.

Harriet's rage welled in her as she reached for her wand.