Chapter 74 - Dreams

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet woke one morning with a groan as her senses struggled to orient her.

Where was she?

Imprisoned in softness with the most decadent scent in the world wafting by—-

As she sat bolt upright, she drew in a breath and realized she lay in her bed with Severus sleeping on his side next to her.

Harriet bit her lip as the motion forced her tender breasts to painfully swing before she clamped a hand down over her chest.

An hour later, once Severus rose, Harriet stayed in the lavatory under the pretense she had fallen ill.

"My love, I won't leave your side while you're indisposed." Severus reasoned as he called through the wooden door.

"Sev, I'm fine......I will be, anyway, I just need to lie down. Little Sev's hunting mushrooms with Disencan in the forest. Go on......head to the office, won't you?" She called back.

A weighty silence settled.

Harriet sighed as she placed her head between her hands and asked, "Will you go if I say you can come and check on me during lunch?"

"I don't understand why you can't lie in your secondary nest at the Ministry." Severus quipped, "Open the door, my love, and I'll take you there."

"Sev, I really need to be here today." Harriet called back, "Lunchtime, alright? I'll nap until then."

The heavy silence fell again.

Harriet chuckled as she called out, ".....Please? Really, the only thing you can do to help is to let me sleep."

"If you summon me, I'll be at your side in a moment, my love." His low drawl echoed from beyond the door.

Harriet smiled wryly as she heard the distinctive pop of apparition that signaled her husband had journeyed to the Ministry.

Once she was certain Severus had gone, she emerged from the lavatory.

As she walked into their bedroom, she moved the curtains aside and glanced out the window.

The smile on her lips remained while she watched Disencan show Little Sev what fungi could be eaten as they made their way around the forest's outer edge.

Harriet sighed to herself as she pulled the covers back and fought against the irrational rage suddenly flooding her system while her hormones began to shoot out of control.

As her skin began to dampen with perspiration while a wave of warmth overcame her, she grit her teeth as she pulled several soft blankets and fluffy pillows from the closet in the hallway.

Why had she urged her husband to become Minister for Magic?

Harriet blew out a breath as she battled against the urgent nausea that rose in her throat while she arranged the pillows and covers to her liking.

Why had she been so considerate as to not let Severus have a good whiff of her before he left?

So what if he had work to do?

Harriet collapsed into her newly rearranged bed with a heavy sigh as she grit her teeth.

Her body trembled as she writhed impatiently.

There were times when she wished she was less selfless.

What did it matter if Britain's wizarding world needed their current Minister for Magic in his office, at his post?