Chapter 70 - Letting Go But Holding On

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet and Severus would have homeschooled Maggie, but they were both elated that she had ultimately changed her mind about Hogwarts.

Between Severus's earnings and Harriet's inheritance, the Snape family was not short on money.

When Severus and Harriet took Maggie to Diagon Alley to shop for school supplies, they purchased their daughter the finest of items.

By mid afternoon that day, Harriet chatted with a clerk while Little Sev and Severus browsed around Madam Malkin's as Maggie blinked at her reflection in the mirror.

As she sat in her chair and admired her new school robes, she couldn't help but smile.

She felt rather official as she imagined her house crest, whatever it would be, emblazoned on her chest.

Maggie appreciated that the black, flowing garment completely covered her figure.

The heavy fabric mercifully hid her premature developments, which made her smile widen.

Once Maggie slipped her robe off, she spoke excitedly to Little Sev while Harriet and Severus gladly paid for their daughter's new school clothes.

Together, the Snape family left the shop and headed to the Leaky Cauldron for a bit of lunch.

Severus had never been one to enjoy shopping, but as he spent the day with his family, he found the activity much less loathsome than usual.

—————————————————————

Severus couldn't understand why his wife seemed to grow more anxious as Maggie's departure date crept closer.

In an attempt to soothe Harriet, he did everything possible to ease her nerves.

He spoke to her in gentle tones.

He aided her whenever he could.

He reassured her with loving kisses and protective embraces.

One evening while the children slept in their beds and Disencan slumbered down the hall in his own room, Severus frowned as he watched his wife stare out the window of their bedchamber.

"My love, you've been distant lately......it isn't like you to be consumed with mororse thoughts. Tell me..." Severus urged Harriet as he swept up behind her, ".......What burdens you so?"

"I can't believe this much time has passed already." Harriet laughed dryly as Severus placed his elegant hands on her hips and began to massage his way up her waist. Harriet sighed as she let her head fall back against him while she shrugged, "I mean, I'm thrilled Maggie decided to go to Hogwarts, you know, that's brilliant, but......."

"............But?" Severus asked as he slowly enunciated the word.

"But she's growing up, Sev." Harriet concluded with a bittersweet smile.

"She is, yes." Severus replied as he gazed down at his beloved, "Every day she becomes more and more like her mother, beautiful, strong, kind-hearted........"

"No!" Harriet laughed, "She's like her father, quiet, demure, and crafty."

"......I believe the word you're searching for is 'cunning'." Severus quipped.

Harriet chuckled as she leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

In a silent grant of his wife's request, Severus purred as he moved down and happily kissed Harriet's pink lips.