Chapter 85 - Success

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

In an attempt to shield Scorpius against false hope in case her tremendous efforts failed, Harriet declined to offer her daughter an exact explanation of why she requested Rabbie to return home.

The morning after Harriet's letter reached Hogwarts, she found her husband's ancestor sitting at the breakfast table once she walked into the kitchen.

A week's time had barely passed.

Healer Margot had stayed with the family.

Harriet had noticed a rapid decline in her own energy level over those few days.

While Harriet stood in the kitchen doorway, Ingrid gazed at her and spoke wisely, "You are exhausted, wife of my son's son."

"That goes along with this, I suppose." Harriet shrugged as she placed a hand over her belly.

"You should lie down and let your body rest." Ingrid determined as Disencan bustled into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Harriet brushed aside her visitor's concern as she smiled, "I'll be fine......Thanks for coming so quickly. Sorry I couldn't say in my letter exactly what I need......I'm certain you'll be right for the job though."

"Has the son of my son fallen ill?" Ingrid asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"No." Harriet shook her head, "Sev is fine......so is Little Sev, but there's a woman, a friend of our family, who is very sick.....fighting for her life."

Ingrid kept her eyes narrowed as she opened her mouth and prepared to remind Harriet she was not a healer by trade until her great great daughter-in-law nodded, "I need a way to access ancient magic. I know you can do it, that's your specialty."

"I have not existed in this wretched world for so long to freely dole out my talents." Ingrid sniffed, "Who is this woman?.....This.....friend?"

Harriet forced herself to admit a truth she did not care to verbalize, "The woman who is sick may very well be the mother of our family's next generation. That would make her one of us, isn't that reason enough to help?"

Ingrid kept her eyes narrowed at Harriet.

Once Severus woke a few moments later, he reluctantly chatted with his ancestor as he sat next to his wife.

Silently, he laid a supportive hand on the small of Harriet's back while she ate her breakfast.

Once Healer Margot joined the scene, all was thrown into chaos as she greeted Ingrid as if she were some sort of celebrity, thrilled to meet an ancient witch capable of powerful magic she had merely heard about.

Harriet couldn't help but smile at the scowl of irritation on Ingrid's face as she fielded Healer Margot's eager barrage of questions.

Harriet didn't necessarily want her husband's ancestor to be uncomfortable, but Healer Margot's incredible enthusiasm remained entertaining to witness.

————————————————————

With a great deal of hesitation, Ingrid finally agreed to visit Malfoy Manor and assist Healer Margot in her endeavor to cure the ailing Mrs. Malfoy.

It humbled Harriet to watch the two women converse with one another as they carefully examined Astoria while they spoke their thoughts out loud about what would be the best course of action.

"It's hopeless, isn't it?" Astoria frowned as she gazed up at her friend who sat by her bedside, "Don't worry, you can tell me the truth. I've grown accustomed to hearing the same thing.......'There's nothing we can do'."