Chapter 63 - Desperation

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The world became a brighter place for the Minister for Magic with the realization that his mate was open to the idea of expanding their family.

To facilitate the arrival of the next Snape, Severus and Harriet began to drink fertility elixirs each morning, given to them by her midwife, in hopes that their next cycles would coincide perfectly with one another.

Mr. and Mrs. Snape both noticed the anxious tension that seemed to permeate the air one week before Harriet's healthcare provider had estimated the magical mixtures would take effect.

Severus tried to quell his restlessness as much as possible while he endured his work days and cared for his children.

He hid his instinctive urges regarding Harriet while he tended his son and daughter, but secretly, he just wanted to drag his mate into their bedroom and wait for the inevitable wave of need to wash over them both.

—————————————————————-

On a rare excursion away from Severus's side, Harriet left Maggie and Little Sev in Ingrid's care one morning while she treated herself to an hour of shopping in Diagon Alley.

She carried a pleasant glow in her complexion as she browsed through numerous stores that sold an inexhaustible number of fluffy blankets, soft pillows, and comfortable robes, any of which would satisfy an omega preparing for a heat.

Harriet smiled to herself as she envisioned the look that would be on Severus's face once he saw the many bags and boxes in her arms from her purchases while she completed her last transaction.

She kept her smile as she headed out into the street to drop her items off at home before returning to Severus's office.

Once she stood in the bedroom she shared with her alpha, Harriet cleaned her new things with a quick spell before she decided to selfishly steal a moment for herself.

Alone in the house except for Disencan who stayed in the kitchen, Harriet threw the many blankets onto the bed, fluffed the pillows, and placed each item exactly where she wanted it, where it felt best to her.

Once her improved nest was nearly ready, she hurried over and grabbed Severus's worn robes to toss into its center.

Irritated by the feeling of heat that suddenly burned her skin, Harriet closed the bedroom door, cast a quick Silencing Charm, and hurriedly pulled her clothes off.

She crawled into her new respite, bare, and breathed in her alpha's scent as she nuzzled against the fabric of his black robes.

Mrs. Snape delighted in the softness that the pillows and blankets offered her.

Harriet drew a deep breath and closed her eyes before she opened them in a weighty exhale as she stared up at the ceiling with a smile on her fair face.

Her hand wandered over her thigh as she focused on Severus's scent while she imagined he was there with her, beside her.....inside her.

It hadn't necessarily been a conscious decision, more of an ongoing development as she began to let herself tumble into the stifling grip of hormones that loomed over her.

Regardless, as Harriet's fingertips brushed her into a state of bliss, her mind remained on Severus, especially when she felt her body convulse in ecstasy as she cried out his name.

"SSSEEEVVV!"

—————————————————————

Severus sat with a frown on his face in one of the Ministry's conference rooms while he listened to each official speak in turn during a routine meeting his position dictated he attend.