Chapter 91 - Love

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Scorpius and Maggie enjoyed the final evening before autumn recess together as they sat chatting in the courtyard.

"You didn't eat very much at dinner." Scorpius commented.

"I......I'm a bit nervous, I suppose." Maggie sighed.

"About what?" He frowned.

"You know, going home.......the babies." She shrugged.

"There's no need to worry." Scorpius said with a  reassuring smile, "Your Dad loves your Mum. I'm certain he'll look after her."

"Right, of course." Maggie nodded, "But the trouble is that I've asked to be in the room when they're born and I'm very excited about it, I am!........Just.....anxious too, that's all." She chuckled.

Scorpius's eyes widened.

Maggie laughed out loud at his shocked expression before she explained, "Don't give me that look! It's different for women."

"It must be." He scoffed.

The two continued their pleasant conversation until they were forced apart by the castle's curfew.

As Maggie lay down to rest that night, she imagined what it would be like to hold her newborn siblings.

Having never cradled a baby before, it thrilled her to think of what it would be like to cuddle one in her arms.

Across the castle, high in Gryffindor Tower, Scorpius struggled to fall asleep.

Maggie's beautiful face tormented him.

All Scorpius wanted to do was be next to her once more.

—————————————————————

The following morning, both Scorpius and Maggie noticed that the ride home on the Hogwarts Express seemed startlingly brief.

Disencan and Little Sev arrived to collect Maggie, who waved a sad goodbye to her dear friend before she was led away.

Draco couldn't help but smile at the forlorn scowl on his son's pale face.

"A week, Scorp, and you'll see her again, don't fret." He chuckled.

"Yes, Father." Scorpius mumbled as he pulled his trunk behind him while he and Draco walked from the platform.

"Your mother and I will be glad to spend some time with you." Draco added in an attempt to further comfort his son.

"I'll be glad to spend some time with you both as well." Scorpius sighed.

Truthfully, he would.

Scorpius adored his parents.

Regardless, he wished Maggie could have stayed beside him for every moment of his upcoming visit.

—————————————————————

"There we are, deep breath in, slow breath out." Healer Margot whispered.

Her hands gently splayed across Harriet's impossibly round belly while the silence heightened the tension in the room.

Harriet lay in her nest, held lovingly by Severus, who sat behind her and lovingly allowed her to rest against him.

During Harriet's final weeks of pregnancy, Healer Margot had agreed to return and stay with the Snape family, knowing a triplet pregnancy was common amongst omegas but oftentimes complicated towards the end.