Chapter 34 - The Interview

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus's underdog popularity continued to grow with the public of the wizarding world while he and Harriet quietly lived their lives in their happy, humble home.

Harriet had taken her alpha's spoken desire very seriously.

As she and Severus spent their days next to each other while they cared for Maggie and tended their house, Mrs. Snape did everything possible to incite another heat.

Harriet took vitamins, drank extra water, worked long hours in their expansive garden for exercise.........and she was careful to make love to Severus as often as time allowed.

However, when one month turned into two and Harriet saw no hint of a reward for her extensive efforts, a frown marred her face.

She sat one morning and flipped through one of her husband's large, ancient book of potions while Maggie played on her lap with a rag doll.

Severus had just finished harvesting a few mulberries from the bushes outside when he walked into the house and found Harriet frowning down at the book that lay open next to her on the sofa.
"...........My love?" Severus asked suspiciously.

".........Yes?" Harriet replied without glancing up.

"What on earth do you want with that book?"  Severus scowled as he walked over.

"Didn't you say this one belonged to Dumbledore?" Harriet asked as she narrowed her eyes at the tattered page.

"Yes....." Severus drawled, "..... May I ask your intentions with it? You've never been particularly inclined to study potions."

"Is it safe to assume that the formulas here are reliable?" Harriet asked Severus as he peered over her shoulder and examined the page that had captured her attention.

When Severus realized that Harriet was gazing at the detailed, centuries-old instructions for making a particularly potent fertility potion, he smirked at his mischievous mate.

"It is never safe to assume anything.....However, I hardly think we have a need for what you're seeking. If you're truly set on this idea, we could induce a heat in much safer ways." Severus quipped as he snatched the book away from Harriet with a scowl of disapproval.

"You've told me before that heats don't always have a bearing on fertility." Harriet frowned as she looked up at her alpha while Maggie smiled at the soft doll that she held in her chubby little hands.

Severus lifted his chin slightly as Harriet stared up at him.

Her green eyes shone brightly as she fearlessly declared, "I want to be pregnant, Severus."

The jolt of arousal that Harriet's bold words sent shooting through his chest went all the way down to his groin.

Severus clenched his teeth for a moment before he spoke, "........You need to relax. Your body will allow nature to take its course when the time is right. Maggie was conceived with the use of a potion.....Will you not allow us to have one child result purely from the product of our love?"

Harriet's eagerness faded into a shameful pout as she sighed and looked at Maggie.

Severus watched her take a hand and move their little girl's tufts of hair behind her tiny ear.

"I'm only trying to please you......" Harriet murmured without looking at her husband.

"There's no need for you to try." Severus replied cuttingly.