Chapter 87 - Brothers

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus Snape had always been an efficient worker.

He utilized that talent as much as possible as Harriet began her midwife-mandated bed rest.

Disencan remained at the Snapes' home with Little Sev.

Although the skilled house elf was more than capable of seeing to Harriet's minimal needs, Severus preferred to look after his mate himself.

Any and all menial tasks were promptly assigned to his aides or other Ministry employees.

The duties that had to be completed by the Minister for Magic were done with swift speed and alarming accuracy.

Severus minimized his meetings, many of which he understood to be unnecessary.

He reviewed the many documents that needed his attention at home, beside Harriet while she lay in her nest.

"You don't have to rush to me like this each day." She chided one afternoon after he apparated directly into their bedroom, with his dark robes swirling around his feet and a concerned frown on his pale face, "I'm alright, Sev. I'm just lying here."

"You're my mate." Severus frowned as he gazed at Harriet's fair face, "Your well-being is my responsibility to ensure."

His words invoked a sense of obligatory duty but as he leaned down and gave Harriet a loving kiss, she delighted in the knowledge that Severus wanted to take care of her.

Severus Snape was not just an alpha fulfilling his requirements, even after more than a decade of marriage and two children, Severus Snape remained an alpha in love.

—————————————————————

As someone who enjoyed being busy and active, while the weeks droned on through the spring season, Harriet quickly tired of lying about all day.

Even with not one but three lives in her womb, she would have much preferred to be occupied and on her feet when she pleased.

Harriet's family did everything possible to make her unexpected confinement pleasant.

Disencan checked on her at least once an hour during those tedious times Severus was forced to fulfill his role at the Ministry.

As soon as Severus came home each afternoon, he sat beside Harriet to provide her with not only his watchful eye, but pleasant conversation and gentle kisses.

Against his wishes, there were several evenings during which he gave into his wife's pleas and carried her to the sofa so that she would at least have a different set of walls to look at instead of their bedroom.

"Perhaps this weekend I can go outside for an hour or two." Harriet suggested one morning after she woke in Severus's loving embrace.

A noise between a purr and a groan rumbled from her husband's throat as he let his smooth hands slip over her bare skin.

"How do you figure that, Mrs. Snape?" Severus asked without opening his eyes in the dim light of dawn while the sun began to rise outside.

Harriet placed a tender kiss on the exposed part of his chest his nightshirt failed to cover.

"If you can carry me to the sofa, perhaps you can place me on the porch too?" She asked.

Severus cracked one of his dark eyes open to scowl down at his wife in disapproving suspicion while she asked nicely, ".........Please?"