Chapter 93 - Little Babies

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Xereses Severus Snape.

Arthur Severus Snape.

Lionel Severus Snape.

"Two great-grandfathers and a paternal influence." Severus concluded as he contemplated his new sons' names while he let Harriet rest against him.

He had permitted the repeated use of his own name at his wife's request, although her insistence had deeply flattered him.

Harriet lay in her nest as the sun rose after a sleepless night spent tending to their three hungry newborns.

Two babies laid at her breasts.

Severus held the third and frowned while the infant impatiently squirmed and whined.

"I think we've named them properly." Harriet yawned.

After the birth, a deep sleep would have been lovely, but she had insisted on nursing her babies herself instead of using the enchanted mechanism Healer Margot had offered.

Severus had stayed devotedly by her side, eager to assist.

Whenever the babies whimpered, he rose from Harriet's nest, retrieved their sons from their bassinet, and brought them to their mother straight away.

As exhausted as she was, a wry smile danced across her lips while she contemplated her gratitude for her husband's helpfulness.

"Thanks, Sev....." Harriet sighed, "You've been brilliant."

"Perhaps you may........give Healer Margot's suggestion more consideration today, my love." Severus whispered as he gazed down at their newborns, "If you can supply me with enough milk, I can watch over our sons while you rest."

"And when are you supposed to sleep?" Harriet asked.

Severus offered no answer as he bent down and placed a loving kiss on Harriet's forehead.

She sighed as she moved her sore body just slightly underneath the warm covers.

Between her alpha's comforting scent and the soothing, fresh smell of her three newborns, Harriet became dangerously lulled into a drowsy haze.

Severus noticed his wife's eyelids fluttering as her grip on their little ones began to relax.

In a hurry to catch their sons, Severus gently and securely placed the third baby on the bed and tucked him into the blankets before he slipped his arms under Harriet's.

A relieved sigh escaped his lips as he grasped the two babies right before his wife's arms went limp.

Harriet closed her eyes and fell into a heavy sleep.

Severus frowned as he watched his mate rest while he held his hungry sons at her nipples to let them finish their meal.

Motherhood was exhausting, certainly, although that undeniable fact didn't halt the dreadful worry that plagued Severus.

Harriet had barely closed her eyes since the birth.

How was his wife supposed to recover if she refused to sleep?

As soon as one of the triplets released his mother, Severus carefully pulled him away from Harriet and tucked him into his brother's place.

The baby whined until Severus soothed him with a low, shushing noise as he laid his needy son against his mate.