Chapter 75 - Coming Together

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet's heat continued in a blissful culmination.

"I love you......" She whispered as her alpha held her close.

In a gentle response, Severus lovingly nuzzled her.

Harriet sighed as she drew a deep breath and enjoyed his addicting scent.

The smell of old parchment, crisp leather, and smoky lavender seemed to emanate from his skin as he gave Harriet a doting kiss before he slowly pulled away

Severus opened his dark eyes to stare into her face.

Harriet expected him to speak, but he communicated wordlessly instead as he kept his soft, glimmering gaze focused directly on her.

His stare bored into her heart as he raised a tapered hand and began to stroke a few strands of her dark hair.

After several minutes of basking in his admiration, Harriet finally heard her alpha murmur a firm declaration in a decadent tone somewhere between a growl and a purr, "..........You're mine, Harriet Snape."

".........I'm yours." Harriet smiled as she moved to kiss the palm of Severus's hand.

The candles in their room burned brightly as Severus enveloped Harriet in his loving embrace.

Their lips met softly, slowly, purposely, until they sank back into the enrapturing comfort of her cozy nest.

While Disencan and Little Sev slept peacefully through the night in their rooms down the hall, Mr. and Mrs. Snape took full advantage of the luxury offered by the Silencing Charm the Minister for Magic had cast.

—————————————————————-

Little Sev had several adventures with his good friend Disencan over the course of the next week while his mother endured her cycle in his father's arms.

Once the initial flurry of hormone-led demands died down as Harriet neared the end of her suffering, she sat in her nest with Severus one morning as they shared the fresh plate of pumpkin scones Disencan had thoughtfully left outside their door.

"Just think......" Harriet said after she swallowed her mouthful of food, "If you step down as Minister, your new positon may not let you work from home during the times one of us is.....indisposed."

Severus frowned as he glanced at his wife and retorted, "If I am to resume my position as headmaster, my outreach will be much more contained, yes....However, the staff had no problems making similar.....allowances......for our needs before."

"You can't watch over Maggie every minute, Sev." Harriet sighed.

Severus narrowed his eyes as she explained, "Say you do quit your government job and go back to Hogwarts, then what? She graduates in six and a half years. Are you going to leave the castle then and find employment wherever her career takes her?"

Harriet chuckled as an irritated scowl marred Severus's features.

"And what about little Sev?" She asked, "You can't be in two places at once."

"Our son is different." Severus quipped, "He can look after himself. I have no qualms about him going into the world once he's grown to be a strong and capable wizard."

Harriet secretly adored how protective her husband had become of their children, especially their little girl.

She decided to tease him further though while they sat, ate, and talked.