Chapter 82 - Love, Harriet

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet had waited an incredibly long time for the reward the larindonan legumes had helped her obtain.

Severus had noticed his son in her belly before she had the chance to announce his presence.

They had learned of their daughter's conception together.

Mrs. Snape vowed that their triplets would be a total surprise to her husband and so, she waited to notify her mate about the happy news.

She saw her midwife every other week while Severus busied himself with the many onerous takes that resulted from his upcoming departure from office.

Every day, Harriet vomited and covered her pulse-points in scent-blocking salve until the morning she had been waiting for finally arrived......

As she stood from the bed with Severus already at work that day, she drew in a breath as she walked over to the mirror and marveled at herself.

She gently pressed a hand to the small swell of her belly before she walked over to the desk and eagerly penned a letter.

—————————————————————

People continued to express their sadness and disappointment over the Minister for Magic's unexpected resignation, but Severus handled each communication he received with great dignity.

As people greeted him with forlorn expressions in the hallways of the Ministry, he began to appreciate his mate's plea more.

Severus hadn't really believed his work had been as impactful as Harriet had insisted.

As he reviewed some documents in his office one morning with a frown, he glanced at the time and wondered when his mate would join him.

Little Sev had recovered from a recent, harmless fever.

Harriet had shouldered most of the exhaustion that came with his care so Severus would have the energy to go in each day and complete his duties.

That hadn't stopped him from going home to check on his family every two hours throughout each day or from leaving his office as soon as he could every afternoon.

As the morning drifted by and Harriet failed to appear, Severus's scowl began to deepen.

He began to worry she had caught their little boy's illness until a letter drifted into the room from the mail slot outside.

Severus stood from his chair and glided over to collect the parcel from the ground.

He frowned as he opened the envelope with one quick swipe of an elegant, pale finger and removed the parchment within.

His brow furrowed as his dark eyes hurriedly scanned the words that had been scrawled in his darling's handwriting:

Sev,

Will you come home for lunch today? There's no emergency, don't panic, but I need to see you as soon as I can. Everyone's fine, no need to worry.

Your love,

Harriet

Her reassuring words were ignored.

Severus instantly panicked as he rushed over to his desk and hurriedly signed his last two documents before he apparated home.

Although Harriet's message had been calm, Severus felt anything but tranquil.

An entire room had been built into the side of his office for his family's use.