Chapter 27 - The Battle

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Elion snarled ominously at Severus.

The two wizards faced each other with their wands threateningly pointed at the other's chest.

"How did you find me, old man?" Elion asked Severus with an angry hiss.

"That's unimportant." Severus replied as he heard Harriet's chains rattle behind him while she moved on the bed, "Lower your wand, Dacre, and I'll be merciful enough to take you quietly to the Ministry. I attempted to show you and your father leniency, but you've overstepped your bounds......for the last time." Severus drawled as he slowly enunciated the words.

"I'm not going anywhere......this is my home." Elion said with a smug smirk, "........And my mate's home as well~." He added as he gestured over to Harriet while she lay chained to the bed.

Severus's dark gaze flickered over to the bed for a brief second before it centered once again on Elion.

".........A life spent in Azkaban may be enough to teach you what I have failed." Severus spoke as he stretched his hand out and held his wand closer to his enemy.

Severus didn't waste his effort arguing with Elion about his wife, he refused to give his darling's captor the satisfaction.

Harriet belonged to Severus, he was confident that everyone in the room knew that.

Elion cried out as he fired a burst of hateful, red light straight towards Severus from the tip of his wand.

Severus barely needed to move his arm to effortlessly block the unfriendly spell.

The irritation was plain on Elion's face that Severus had managed to avoid his curse so easily and with a great shout, he tried again.

A blast of sinister light hurtled towards Severus.

With another simple, smooth motion, Severus blocked Elion's second curse.

While the two wizards entered into their battle, Harriet grit her teeth as she struggled to find a position on the bed that didn't cause her any pain.

It would have been a great comfort to her if she could have at least held her aching belly, but the cruel confines that Elion had trapped her in made that impossible.

————————————————————

While the wizards' duel raged on, the pain in Harriet's abdomen amplified.

She kept her eyes closed when the cramps sharpened, but the blinding light of the flying curses remained distractingly evident to her, even through her eyelids.

Severus's black robes billowed around him as he attempted to subdue Elion.

Murder would still be considered murder.

If Severus ended up killing a boy, especially the son of a wealthy, well-known wizard, there would be an investigation and a lengthy trial.....and those were complications that he preferred to avoid.

He needed to take Elion down to the Ministry and have him incarcerated, then there would be no crime that Severus had committed.

He could seek justice for Harriet and they could move on with their lives.

As Elion flourished his wand and sneered his way through another curse though, it vexed Severus that his enemy did not seem interested in such a simple solution.