Chapter 96 - Time

Start from the beginning

The triplets slept on in the next room, blissfully unaware that their parents' kiss deepened as they clung to each other.

Hogwarts had changed.

The wizarding world had a new leader.

The Snapes' children had grown.

Time had altered many things, but Harriet and Severus's passion was not one of them.

Mr. and Mrs. Snape remained very much in love.

—————————————————————

Later that afternoon, Severus sat with Harriet and watched the Quidditch game while their three, energetic little boys looked on with wide eyes.

"There's sister!" Arthur shouted.

"That's right, sweetheart." Harriet chuckled as she lovingly kissed the top of his head.

Maggie scored another goal.

Cheers erupted from the crowd.

"She's doing well today, isn't she?" Harriet asked Arthur.

"She always does well, Mummy!" Arthur frowned before he turned back to watch the match.

His two brothers remained silent, fixated on the spectator sport in front of them.

Without their notice, Severus and Harriet exchanged knowing glances of amusement.

Maggie's reputation had been boosted once she had joined her house's Quidditch team.

Never much known for their athletic prowess, Maggie Snape had carried Ravenclaw to victory countless times on the Quidditch field over the previous years.

A short time later, with a twirling corkscrew on her broom that made even Harriet's jaw drop, Maggie proudly held up the Golden Snitch she had caught for all in the stands to see.

Shouts and applause rang out from all who had gathered, save for those in Hufflepuff's section.

As Maggie drifted down to land on the field, her wide smile remained.

She had found Quidditch to be a wonderful bit of the wizarding world in which her damaged legs bore her no obstacle.

The Ravenclaw team rushed to congratulate her.

Her chair was brought out, but before she had the chance to climb into it, her teammates lifted her up onto their shoulders and tossed her in a playful, joyous celebration of the season's first win.

Many would surely follow.

Scorpius sighed as he watched from the stands.

By seventh year, most of Hogwarts' students had developed their own hopes and dreams for the future.

Scorpius looked forward to working with his father and grandfather to manage the Malfoy family's many businesses and companies to maintain their previous five centuries of success.

Despite that, his true ambition lay in Maggie.

After six long years of pining, Scorpius had made up his mind that before graduation, he would approach his best friend and tell her the entirety of his feelings.

She would-

His attention was called away while two of his loud classmates carried on their conversation right next to him.

"Did you tell Hamish you fancy him yet?" One girl asked.

"No, of course not!" The other girl scoffed, "Why would I? If he doesn't feel the same, it would ruin our friendship!"