Chapter 95 - Wrath

Start from the beginning

"You will apologize to my daughter.......once she's out of the Hospital Wing and the wounds that you caused have healed." Severus commanded.

"Yes, sir!" Lucretia agreed.

Severus glared into the distance as he let his newest, least favourite student finally make her escape.

"You've surprised me, Severus!" McGonagall exclaimed once they were alone.

His dark eyes moved to her questioningly before she threw up her hands and asked, "Why not expel the child? Such an offense would certianly be grounds for-"

"-Such an offense is a warning sign of a depraved mind and dangerous talent, Minerva." Severus interrupted.

McGonagall blinked as he began to pace around the room with a scowl of thoughtful concentration.

"If the girl had been expelled, then her whereabouts and her education would be unknown." He went on, "I think it is far safer for everyone that she stays in the castle."

"Far away from Maggie?" McGonagall frowned.

Severus raised an eyebrow as he added,"..........Under surveillance."

—————————————————————

Although Harriet hadn't yet recovered from the triplets' birth, she forced her husband to let her visit their daughter that afternoon.

Ingrid had come along, much to Maggie's nervous displeasure as she watched both women walk towards her bed.

Severus had made a detour to ensure Lucretia reported to Slughorn as she had promised and properly began her punishment.

"Oh, sweetheart!" Harriet cried as she bent down and wrapped her arms around Maggie.

Careful not to hurt her mother, Maggie gladly accepted Harriet's comforting hug.

The moment would have been touchingly tender if Ingrid hadn't been glaring at them both.

Her face still bandaged, Maggie sighed as she let go of Harriet and frowned at her great-great grandmother, "........I know you're angry with me."

"I have stayed in this world.....come to this family......to protect you, daughter of my son." Ingrid huffed, "No one else."

"But the triplets needed you more!" Maggie cried, "That's why I left you at home with Mum and Dad!"

"The three new babes have a loving mother, a devoted father, an elder brother, and a house elf to watch over them." Ingrid frowned, "Tell me, daughter of my son, who watched over you last night when you were struck and beaten?"

Maggie frowned.

Harriet became eager to change the subject as she clasped her daughter's hands and whispered, "Nevermind all that, Maggie. Your father will see to things, you can be sure! Madam Pomfrey said you're healing nicely.......She doesn't expect there to be a single scar, isn't that brilliant news?!"

"There'll be places in the world I'll go without you eventually." Maggie declared as she glared at Rabbie.

"Perhaps." Ingrid answered with a stoic frown.

"Won't there?!" Maggie scoffed, "You won't stay with me until I die, so then, don't blame me that you weren't here last night! If I could walk, I would have-"

"-The battle and your loss had nothing to do with your legs." Ingrid frowned, "In my husband's day, an archer existed amongst his people who could destroy enemies from great distances, yet he himself could not stand."

"Are you saying what happened was my fault?!" Maggie gasped.

"Had your skill been greater than your foe's," Ingrid shrugged, ".....Then the struggle may have ended differently."